Bbq Invite!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

simbrooks:
Were you brought up in the mid-west? Cowgirl :wink:
Only if you consider Western PA part of the mid west....country girl at heart tho!

What's the official count for how many are going?

The "official" count puts the attendees at around 100.
This is TOTAL. We've got around 50 divers showing up.

Gibbon:
The "official" count puts the attendees at around 100.
This is TOTAL. We've got around 50 divers showing up.

My LDS is doing it's OW Certs there on Saturday also. So along with the average number of divers and swimmers, I'm sure there will be a few more divers vying for the stairs.

I'll be leaving here about 5:30am on Saturday, so I'll be there around 8am or so.

We will rule the staircase! We will rule the water.. we'll even have bear traps set up in the caves and rule there to!

I believe that DSW has doormen prepared on the stairs to only allow SB BBQ divers into the water. Once we have filled the spring, it will be a one in, one out system. Once we have each completed two dives each there will be a lottery of those others who have come to the park to see who will be allowed to enter the water. I think this is only fair!

A whole class of OW students will have to wait a while i believe at the top of the stairs for enough of us to exit!! We cannot have untrained divers spoiling the viz for the distinguished guests that are coming to this event.

I have also heard that a limo has been arranged to drive us back to the "campsite" area (which is currently being turned into a luxury hotel before tomorrow for us) for our SI's, there will be complimentary food and drinks all day from the silver service staff around our accomodations. There will be a massuese on hand any time any of us get leg cramps or just need a little rub down, and also on hand caddy's to come into the water to carry our gear to prevent us having to lift such a weight without water support. These things are all compliments of the Ginnie staff following our previous altrication about prices - it was the least they could do! :wink:

Then at a minimum, think I could expect a personal valet to assist my crippled arse with my gear from top of the steps to the water? I'd hate to fall on a new student at the stairs... I've been witness to an AL80 across the face and it leaves a mark.

Virus]FSLR2[:
Then at a minimum, think I could expect a personal valet to assist my crippled arse with my gear from top of the steps to the water? I'd hate to fall on a new student at the stairs... I've been witness to an AL80 across the face and it leaves a mark.
I believe they are installing a new stair lift at the main spring and one at the devils system later. They also give you a complimentary DPV for use with the admission price - and its yours to take home too!! It saves your legs and prevents silting. There is also an elevator they are installing to carry gear down to the in-water caddies.

Wellll...as long as we are dreaming...will there be..ohhh nevermind..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom