BC service question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

recall_01-new.jpg

Just the button, or the whole metal thing?

Sorry misunderstood, the entire metal piece shot out so he then had free flowing air, into the bc,. The plastic threads just let go, i loved those inflators and would gladly scoop them all up. Issue is that when shops or people serviced them, they tend to over tighten them into the body cracking the threads.

It is the same issue i have with a lot of shops over tightening the valve on a tank. Hand tight is all you need, putting the wrench on and cranking it down is what is causing a lot of the threads to fail.

Steve

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Ah, gotcha. Messy! I try to never tighten the metal-plastic connection too tight even though the threads are pretty coarse and deep... reading this makes me want to doublecheck all my inflators when I get home, though. I really don't want mine to die, forcing me to go back to the ugly all plastic inflators that never seem able to squirt air in quite as slowly as the old SS ones.

Ah, gotcha. Messy! I try to never tighten the metal-plastic connection too tight even though the threads are pretty coarse and deep... reading this makes me want to doublecheck all my inflators when I get home, though. I really don't want mine to die, forcing me to go back to the ugly all plastic inflators that never seem able to squirt air in quite as slowly as the old SS ones.

I think mine was one of a certain batch that had issues about 7 years ago. I don't think they have been an ongoing issue.
It was just kind of funny that I bought the wing from Aaen that day and mentioned seeing the button fly out of a friend's wing. Then 30 minutes into my first dive with it, boom!

I have made up my mind. I will replace the whole inflator valve. Amen!

A long as you maintain them they are the best inflators out there. Was really precise, mind you do you need that precision in an inflator. The only one i have found come close to it in feel is the one on my agir wing.

Steve

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Back
Top Bottom