BC to BP/wing tryout question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dvas once bubbled...
thank you so much for the effort to take these pictures. i have more clear picture now. in 10 days, i am supposed spend a weekend in eilat and until then i will configure the bp/wing that i will get to try.

i will post my findings

sasha

i'd love to see the setup, i'm looking into a simular setup miself (as you well know :))
i'm in eilat 16-17-18. any chance of seeing you and your new rig?

nop... i will arrive to Eilat late evening (around midnight)....

sasha

Hi Chris,
I just took my double bladder (Zeagle Little Bertha) from the ranger, in order to connect it to the Zeagle BP that I got to try out.
Further to watchin your close up pictures of the connection, I saw that your wing has double metal connectors that you have connected with screws.
My bladder has plastic connection, that is not double and the ones that you have on your bladder i have on the BC side that is connected to the plastic ones... I hope i was clear :confused:

what is wrong???

sasha

hi,
my wing is around 6 months old (the last one). I will just call the LDS and talk to them.... but even if it was like yours, i don't understand how can i connect it then to ranger.
anyway, i will take a pic when i get home.

sasha

hi,
it took me more then i imagined to write this summary, due to some personal problems, that are gone now. for those that remember my blind cat, he was very sick....

anyway, i went to LDS and they have replaced the plastic connectors with the metal one and now i was able to connect the bladder to the BP.

Since it was not mine, I was not able to cut the webbing to my measure, but several zip ties did the job. I have connected my Zeagle Little Bertha double bladder. I have put my 10l steel tank and we went to dive. I was not sure about the weights, so I took 8p all together.. Boy, I was so heavy! The feeling was great... The steel BP was a nice thing instead of weights. I was not feeling the harness, whatsoever. Diving with only 8p... wow! I was almost not feeling the harness and it was a great feeling! I was missing a pocket though, like i have on my Ranger, for a spare mask and some other tools that I take, but that can be solved either with the pocket on my dry suit, or with Zeagle Accessory pocket that can be attached when diving wet. I was enjoying it and now I realy understand, why so many people are moving from BCDs to BP/wing. I recommend it.

I would like to thank Chris for his support and time.

dive safe there,
sasha

Hey Shasha
No problems at all, great to hear how well the Zeagle kit performed, hope you enjoy using the rig and if I can be of anymore help you know where to get me

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom