BC's Weekly Dive Dec 6th or 7th, Laguna

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Stephen and I made the most painfully slow surface swim (it wasn't really a swim....it was mostly just getting carried out to where we finally decided to drop, without kicking) waiting for you guys to come down the stairs. After a while, Stephen started getting cold....that's what happens when you dive wet, I could have stayed there all day! Oh, except my otter bay helmet isn't the most comfortable thing on the surface. But anyways, just wanted to let you guys know we weren't intentionally ditching you!

The day was great though! The reef was awesome....we saw a couple octos, a leopard shark, a baby lobster, a bunch of fedex nudis, and other cool stuff. Laguna is definitely nice when it's nice! Glad we made it down south for a day!

I can't believe Nick, Jamie, Greg, and Bryan snuck in an early dive....I'm jealous!

As for my new divers, they're theoretically coming out with me tomorrow....that is, unless their dive shop really does convince them that it's dangerous because they have not yet shown them how to make surf entry/exits. Heh, they probably want to get them "shore diving certified"!

Good to see everyone and glad the Beach Crabs are active again. Two great dives. Thanks Greg and Nick for being good buddies. Only my 2nd and 3rd dive at Laguna. We need need to make more Laguna dives, those were great conditions with lots of sea life. As many Garibaldi as I've ever seen even at Catalina. Saw an octopus too till he hid under the rock. And Nick found the Leopard Shark, I couldn't really see his head or tail since he was back into the crack but did see the stripes.

Here's a few pics.

IMG_1917-Garibaldi.jpg

IMG_1941-int_garibaldi.jpg

Sarah
IMG_1925-Sarah.jpg

Greg
IMG_2009-greg.jpg

Nick - no strobe, natural light in 14 feet of water
IMG_2134-Nick.jpg

Nice Mug shots of the people :)

Great! I'm just glad we didn't ditch anyone.

Yep, since I guess technically leaving before the appointed meeting time is not ditching there was no ditching today... :eyebrow:

I'm glad everyone had a good time, I'm really sorry I didn't make it plus what really makes it even worst is it snowed here last night. I'll join you guys when I get back.

John

After a while, Stephen started getting cold....that's what happens when you dive wet, I could have stayed there all day! Oh, except my otter bay helmet isn't the most comfortable thing on the surface. But anyways, just wanted to let you guys know we weren't intentionally ditching you!

Don't worry, I totally knew why you guys dropped and didn't think twice about it. Mostly worried that Dan got ditched as he was the only one we couldn't find :)

Hi everyone...Thanks for some great diving Saturday, first time at that spot and I really enjoyed it as well, can't wait to get back out there!!

Thanks for buddying up with me and being the navigator down there Bryan.

Hope everyone has a great week and we can plan another weekend here soon!! :burnout:

Thanks to Billy for partnering up with me and lending me a tank to make two dives for the day. East or West, Crescent be the best! Just love this spot (been going there for over 40 years), particularly when the surf is soft.

John and I have been planning a night dive there for a while and will probaly be scheduling it soon after he gets back from the Great White Northeast. Any takers??

Back
Top Bottom