Be Honest ... even if it's no ...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I never left the county until I met my current girlfriend. After every vacation we say that we better get a passport soon and the next vacation rolls around and we don't have them. We have to soon because they will be mandatory starting in 2003.
She keeps bringing up the fact that she doesnt want to have to get two passports because of a name change in her near future.

Do you realise how hard it is for a foriegn born American to obtain a steenkin' passport??? Jeez Louise! I think I will be heading to the Columbian consulate to get one from them instead.

I've had mine since 1972 and I don't leave home without it. It makes life easier on the road, plus I like all those pretty little stamps.

Steven

Natasha,

I like many others had the opportunity to travel extensively in Europe with just a US military ID card. I think my trip to Turkey in Jan 2001 was the first need for an actual passport.

I did write an actual goal in Jacob's baby book that he will have visited more countries by the time he is 18 than I had by the time I was 30. If he makes it that will be 8. He would have to really work at it to get close to his dad who has been to every country in western Europe and most the middle east. Jeff's family was much more foreign travel oriented that mine. Until I joined the Air Force in 1991, I had barely been out of Kansas much less the country!

Good thread. Oprah had a show a couple of weeks ago about how misunderstood Americans are in most of the world. Us getting out there and actually seeing some of it will help!

:bunny: Heather :bunny:

Got my first passport at the age of 11, have always had a current one ever since. The last one I had actually came to within a page of filling up with visas and stamps. Haven't had the chance to go undersea overseas yet (just certified this summer) but I sure am looking forward to it!

My wife and I got ours in 1997 when we began diving.
Both our daughters ( ages 11 & 14 , as of 12/9/02 ) got theirs in 1998.

But I agree with the inaccuracy of "us divers" as a sample group.

I've noticed Natasha gets alot of responses from her posts... she must ask really good questions and great topics of discussion.

I'm happy when I get 10 responses...
(sniff, sniff-pout, pout)

Todd

We have ours... we made sure we got them before the price went up in August. it isn't necessary for most traveling (ie caribbean etc) but it makes things more simple.

Got my passport around 74', when we went to Costa Rica, I wish I had been diving then, I waited until 82' to get certified and have been traveling and diving since

How long ago!!
Caymaniac =-)

Back
Top Bottom