Beautiful Poseidon BeSea - anyone have this BC???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

djanni

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
This must be the Ferrari of the BC world - beautiful!!!

I dived with a couple who had brand new BeSea's They had the Advanced Harness and Sport Wing (W40). They loved 'em. They are extremely good looking BC's and seem to be very flexible. The BeSea's were the constant conversation pieces on the boat. No one could keep their hands or eyes off them. The couple raved about how comfortable they are.

Any comments about them appreciated.

I have no need to dive with twin tanks so I wouldn't be interested in the optional backplate. The following statement was copied from the Poseidon web site:
The metal back plate works with any BeSea bladder. It's made in AISI 316 and can be connected as a support system to the BeSea harness for carrying multiple tanks and heavy equipment.

See for yourself: http://www.besea.poseidon.se/

I guess they look pretty nice, but I don't know how excited I'd be about having to wear all the extra lead to sink that thing. It's got to be about 10 pounds positively buoyant with all that padding. :11doh:

They do like very pretty with all the graphics and such. However, as in the statement above I would wonder how much extra you would need to get it down + in my experience I have seen less-than-perfect workmanship on Poseidon BC models.

An alternative would be to buy a colored backplate and to attach an Oxycheq wing which has some nice graphics on it. It's a far simpler, more versatile piece of kit in my techy mind. X

LG Diver:
I guess they look pretty nice, but I don't know how excited I'd be about having to wear all the extra lead to sink that thing. It's got to be about 10 pounds positively buoyant with all that padding. :11doh:

Do you know what the "Buoyancy Uninflated" figures mean? For the BeSea 50W it shows:
5.3 lbs-f. What does the -f mean?

[SIZE=+0]
tech_generellt_4.jpg
[/SIZE]

Don Janni:
Do you know what the "Buoyancy Uninflated" figures mean? For the BeSea 50W it shows:

N = Newton
F/f = full - fully inflated.

That's my best guess since the kg amounts roughly equal the Newton forces. X

Mr.X:
Don Janni:

N = Newton
F/f = full - fully inflated.

That's my best guess since the kg amounts roughly equal the Newton forces. X

No, the section reads Buoyancy uninflated = 5.3 lbs-f

So -f doesn't mean "full."

Don Janni:

[SIZE=+0]
tech_generellt_4.jpg
[/SIZE]

Here's my best guess:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pound-force

Basically, I think it means you have to add 5 lbs of lead to offset the buoyancy of the BCD. Compare that to a bp/w that's inherently negatively buoyant and allows you to remove lead from your weight belt. One guess as to which one I think is more beautiful. :D

LG Diver:
Here's my best guess:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pound-force

Basically, I think it means you have to add 5 lbs of lead to offset the buoyancy of the BCD. Compare that to a bp/w that's inherently negatively buoyant and allows you to remove lead from your weight belt. One guess as to which one I think is more beautiful. :D

I went to Wikipedia too. "F" is upward force. So you are right. It would take 5.3 pounds to compensate for the BCD.

Too bad, huh?

If the 5.3 lbs is without cylinder and you add another 4 lbs for an aluminum 80. This would bring you near 10 lbs just to sink. A while back one of the mags did a story on it and they tested it to be 4 lbs positive. She is a beauty, maybee a 2nd generation design thats not a cork.

Back
Top Bottom