Beaver Lake for April 7 - Recent Water Temp and Wetsuit Advice?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The water is very warm for this time of year but its still 7mm diving or dry suit..viz is/was poor as well for this time of year. Happy Diving!

So we dove Beaver this morning from "The Bluffs", and we were all wearing 7mil wetsuits with hood and gloves. And at the end, we all agreed that we were more than comfortable. The only time we noticed the cold was when we got down around the party-barge. It was a beautiful morning of diving before the bad weather moved in. All in all, a fun morning blowing bubbles and feeding the fishies.

Several firsts for me on this dive:
1. First dive to 60 feet.
2. First successful dive with 7mil, hood, and gloves.
3. First "wreck" dive :)
4. First swim-through
5. First feeding my breakfast to the fishies post-dive. And not the fun way.

I can still honestly say I MUCH prefer the warm-water diving. Between the Michelin-man feeling of the wetsuit, the decreased hearing with the hood, and the horrible dexterity with the gloves (probably doing it wrong), the cold-water diving is just going to have to grow on me.

Thanks everyone for the advice! And I hope to see you in the water soon.

Congrats!!!! On reaching some awesome Firsts!! And many more to come.

How was the viz and water temp.

If you were cold at 60 ft you might want to consider a dry suit. With the proper undergarments you should be nice and warm and you won't look like the Michelin-man. :wink:

Looking to get out this weekend to practice skills before heading out to the NJ coast. Can't wait!:cool2:

Well heck the water temp sounds ok for a 7mil to me... kuddos on all the "firsts" but sorry to hear you blew chow. I kept hearing the viz was down around 5 ft... 20 sounds like I may need to go this weekend!

Steve im trying to go on saturday and then fishing that night if you would like to meet and see what's what

Aw heck... i didn't see your post. I almost went last weekend anyhow but stuff came up at home. Are you going to the DOG rally this weekend?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom