Been busy diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TSA pre-check and global entry is the only way to travel. Also checking the American elitist attitude usually helps getting through security and customs. Good luck playing red light green light in MX.
This - I also added Clear to further streamline the airport experience. BTW - I’d just say call it elitist attitude as I’ve encountered traveling a-holes of many different nationalities…:wink:

Just done dealing with the TSA muppets. My regs and can light were finger f*cked for about 10 minutes. Idiot spent multiple minutes trying to turn on my can light even though I told him it was in travel position and would have to be opened up to be turned on. “Why won’t it turn on?” even after I told him why 2-3 times. 🙄🤦‍♀️ Getting here 4 hours before my flight meant there was NO wait at security. My big duffle is a bit oversize, but Southwest said nothing when I dropped my bag off. Now for fun people watching after I get coffee. 🤣😂

Just done dealing with the TSA muppets. My regs and can light were finger f*cked for about 10 minutes. Idiot spent multiple minutes trying to turn on my can light
Or he’s just doing his job…did you print out the UN38.3 certification?

Good luck in your five dive days down there!

They also no longer have the button of chance where you pass through customs then have to press a button to get either a red or green light to determine if you get inspected. Now they have a dog that sniffs for foreign plants.
Did they do away with that in Cancun? Asking because they still had it last month in Cozumel -- I hit red for the first time in a while. It was pretty quick and when I opened my big suitcase in which I had my fully-packed boat bag (which is not see-through) which I was about to un-zip the customs lady just asked "scuba?" and when I said "yes" she just motioned that there was no need to un-zip the bag.

Did they do away with that in Cancun? Asking because they still had it last month in Cozumel -- I hit red for the first time in a while. It was pretty quick and when I opened my big suitcase in which I had my fully-packed boat bag (which is not see-through) which I was about to un-zip the customs lady just asked "scuba?" and when I said "yes" she just motioned that there was no need to un-zip the bag.
Yes, no more green/red button in Cancun, I was told by my instructor who just returned from a trip to Europe.

Just done dealing with the TSA muppets. My regs and can light were finger f*cked for about 10 minutes. Idiot spent multiple minutes trying to turn on my can light even though I told him it was in travel position and would have to be opened up to be turned on. “Why won’t it turn on?” even after I told him why 2-3 times. 🙄🤦‍♀️ Getting here 4 hours before my flight meant there was NO wait at security. My big duffle is a bit oversize, but Southwest said nothing when I dropped my bag off. Now for fun people watching after I get coffee. 🤣😂
On my way to Fiji - sailed through Clear and TSA precheck/security in 10 minutes at EWR with so issues with my backpack containing regs, lights, chargers, etc.,. TSA was well staffed and everyone was pleasant - so not all as terrible as you like to paint. Now on to LAX and we’ll see how that experience is!

My flight was 95% full. Everyone behaved themselves.

Immigration line was incredibly slow.

Didn’t have any interaction with MX customs at all. Just walked on through after getting my bags. They were stopping a few people randomly. But that was it.

Immigration line was incredibly slow.

Didn’t have any interaction with MX customs at all. Just walked on through after getting my bags. They were stopping a few people randomly. But that was it.
Enjoy your diving!

Dived Jardin del Eden today. The porter aka scuba sherpa was fab. Some gear tweaks and things to work on tomorrow.

The halocline was trippy! And too damned warm. Temp jumped to 81. Yuck!

Cenote was very busy with swimmers and snorkelers. The cliff jumpers were funny.

🥵

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom