Been busy diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Weird they gave you such a hard time, I just went through security at O’hare with a pelican case full of batteries, regulators, and can lights with zero issue. I find a friendly “it’s scuba gear” to the x-ray operator helps things move along.

Of course, if you enjoy a good finger f*cking you can omit the friendliness…

Weird they gave you such a hard time, I just went through security at O’hare with a pelican case full of batteries, regulators, and can lights with zero issue. I find a friendly “it’s scuba gear” to the x-ray operator helps things move along.

Of course, if you enjoy a good finger f*cling you can omit the friendliness…
I gave them the head’s up it was scuba gear, but they still went ahead and did the finger f*cking. Guy was comparing their x-ray with what was in the bag very intensely. Think I will check my regs on the way home.

I gave them the head’s up it was scuba gear, but they still went ahead and did the finger f*cking. Guy was comparing their x-ray with what was in the bag very intensely. Think I will check my regs on the way home.
I always lay regs, lights, everything out in trays, then repack it when I get through. That seems to reduce TSA touching my stuff and I repack it the way it should be packed.

Of course, if you enjoy a good finger f*cking you can omit the friendliness…
Makes you wonder doesn’t it…

Dived Jardin del Eden today. The porter aka scuba sherpa was fab. Some gear tweaks and things to work on tomorrow.

The halocline was trippy! And too damned warm. Temp jumped to 81. Yuck!
81 in a cenote? Wow, I didn't know they got that warm. I've snorkeled in a couple, then dove in Dos Ojos, and I think they were all in the low 70's even near the surface.

81 in a cenote? Wow, I didn't know they got that warm. I've snorkeled in a couple, then dove in Dos Ojos, and I think they were all in the low 70's even near the surface.

Below the halocline is influenced by sea temperatures.

Dived Jardin del Eden today. The porter aka scuba sherpa was fab. Some gear tweaks and things to work on tomorrow.

The halocline was trippy! And too damned warm. Temp jumped to 81. Yuck!

Cenote was very busy with swimmers and snorkelers. The cliff jumpers were funny.

🥵
leaky ankles didn't mattter?

I always lay regs, lights, everything out in trays, then repack it when I get through. That seems to reduce TSA touching my stuff and I repack it the way it should be packed.
I typically throw 6 sets of regs, two can lights, three backup lights, piles of spools, reels, and computers in one big bag when going to Mexico. I have never had any of it questioned on either end. I wear the backplate on the plane with my bag strapped to it. That keeps my checked bag under 50 pounds. Good enough for 3 weeks of cave diving.

These are from Jardin del Eden yesterday. It was quite busy, although every one was polite and friendly. No attempts to run me over with an out of control canoe such as happened in the Devil’s spring run at Ginnie in December.

The sign for single tank cavern divers made me laugh.

The cliff jumpers were having quite a good time to much applause. 🤣😂

1622E5CC-2FD6-499E-B629-66AB3BCEBCE7.jpeg
1E91C17C-7C60-43C9-907A-BB14FCEB122E.jpeg
0F624F39-4B54-46CF-8E86-2D556F5B65DC.jpeg
5B7BA538-1CF1-41D9-BD9D-C9CD1633A5AF.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom