Been busy diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Finally got my vacation time approved to be down in cave country the week before Christmas. I’ll be doing one day of guided dives with Scott Davenport who did my “intro to flow” last December. We’re planning on Little River. And I will wear gloves this time! 🤣 Will bring the CCR along for some open water springs diving to build hours. I’ll be cave diving OC. Found an Airbnb in the OBrien area for $400 for the week. Separate little cottage like place with kitchen and washer and dryer! Right on the Suwannee.
Heard tell that there's some interesting folks in that area ... refugee from the Keys that likes to run around on the mower and post all about it - that, cats, and occasionally diving too... :wink:

Heard tell that there's some interesting folks in that area ... refugee from the keys that likes to run around on the mower and post all about it - that, cats, and occasionally diving too... :wink:

They’re all weirdos in that area from what I hear! 🤣😁

They’re all weirdos in that area from what I hear! 🤣😁
It is Florida after all. Look at the characters on this board! :oops:o_O:poke::stirpot::gas:

.. to be down in cave country the week before Christmas.
Dec 19 to 23rd all Florida schools are on 1st week of holiday vacation. Shouldn't be that busy in the northern part of Florida, but the springs might be a little more crowded than usual. Enjoy your vacation & classes !!

Dec 19 to 23rd all Florida schools are on 1st week of holiday vacation. Shouldn't be that busy in the northern part of Florida, but the springs might be a little more crowded than usual. Enjoy your vacation & classes !!

No classes. Just one day of guided diving and a bunch of fun diving with friends.

Fingers crossed I finish class tomorrow. Two dives today. I can’t even explain to open circuit divers how different and how challenging buoyancy on a rebreather is. I knew it was going to be different and difficult, but it boggles the mind! 🤣😂

Trim much better today and I was able to relax enough to frog kick semi decently.

Fingers crossed I finish class tomorrow. Two dives today. I can’t even explain to open circuit divers how different and how challenging buoyancy on a rebreather is. I knew it was going to be different and difficult, but it boggles the mind! 🤣😂
Actually, it doesn’t appear that hard to understand but it seems you need to unlearn almost everything you knew about buoyancy control on OC. Tony from Divetech does a nice job of explaining it here:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom