Been busy diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I can feel your excitement Marie. Did you say to yourself 'if I don't get changed, I could get another 5 minutes in the pool... A wet ride home on the bus it is then!'

It would have been a very uncomfortable two hour drive home! I got home at 1:15am! I had to pull off at a truck stop for a 20 minute nap. Pool was 7-9pm and then we went back to the dive shop to rinse and sanitize loop and counterlungs.

I had forgotten to change out the Petrel 3 straps for bungee. I’ll do that next Sunday.

Sense they have been purchased by the Darkwater Group I believe they are in the process of creating new manuals and training standards already.

If you have met Mike you would understand. I believe he is way more into the engineering than the documentation. The best engineers are horrible writers I say. Mostly as I feel I fall into this category, but for me it is spelling and structure rather than apostrophes.

I’ve since been told who wrote the Spirit manual. It wasn’t Mike, I can tell you that much.

Just got done with our course, talk about open circuit buoyancy appreciation dives lol.

Buoyancy was rather rough today but I kept my po2 where it was supposed to be.

Buoyancy was rather rough today but I kept my po2 where it was supposed to be.
We (wife and I), just did our first post certification dives out here in SoCal. 100ft to the sand wreck we know very well and that has mooring balls/lines. Buoyancy in my 7mm was still sporty, wife in her dry suit was likewise. Nothing dangerous but still far from the precise buoyancy control we had OC, PPO2 was spot on the whole dive. It’ll get better but get a sinking sensation it’ll take a while. I’ll probably hop into my drysuit soon, but wanted to minimize the variables between training and “real” diving.

Best of luck and hope you enjoy the journey!

Back
Top Bottom