Been to Bonaire 10 times but this trip got some stuff stolen..

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Next visit to Bonaire I will be sure to save all toe nail clippings and bikini clippings to custom make a sandwich to leave in the car. Some thumb tacks and razor blades in my flip flops might make a statement too. Perhaps more action like that would deter thieves since the police and legal system don't provide any support towards the victims of thse crimes.

Next visit to Bonaire I will be sure to save all toe nail clippings and bikini clippings to custom make a sandwich to leave in the car. .

That's the idea! :D
Ex lax or some of the meds I have to give my dogs, mixed with lunch meats, would make a more lasting impression, tho! :popcorn:

Drew...come on...you've been reading these post. Don'y you get it? The cops are on the take.

Well for what it's worth, the Dutch royal military police will begin to make up part of the Bonaire police force with the new integration with Holland. In other words, new faces & personnel will be added to the local force which do not have direct ties nor a family history on Bonaire. Personally, I'm optimistic that this will prove to be beneficial. I guess time will tell.

That's actually not a bad idea.

That's what I would do (dry bag). Make them work a little if they want my stuff.

That's the idea! :D
Ex lax or some of the meds I have to give my dogs, mixed with lunch meats, would make a more lasting impression, tho! :popcorn:

Hahaha...love it!! reading through this thread and looking at your previous comment, laxatives on my lunch box 'left behind' was what i thought of as well!! Enough of it for them to leave a trail!!

I think as divers we might just have a special fish sandwich (lion fish in Bonair?) or a wonderful tuna sandwich with a little piece of really old clam in the middle, food poisioning is very special. :)

Would be a real shame if some one's stolen lunch made them very sick :wink::popcorn:

My thoughts exactly!

My new business venture:

H2ODoc's Bonairian Bear Rental

Hey Doug! Long time. Need any financial backing on this idea!?!? :D

Thanks. In 5 or 6 trips we have experienced no problems, but it does sound as if there has been a recent increase in truck break-ins. :shakehead:

Wonder if the increase has any correlation with an economic slowing? I'm not in Bonaire everyday (wouldn't that be nice) so I cannot say whether or not business is on the slow side but usually when times are tough, thefts increase.

And it was very slow on Bonaire this year (when compared to our trip at the same time last year). We continously commented how few people were there, and a few business folks we spoke with said they were hurting due to lack of tourists in the past few months. We were often literally the only customers in a restaurant.

Interestingly enough, our truck was never touched during our 2 weeks on Bonaire (June 27-July 11). Nothing was rifled through and nothing was taken. Perhaps we were just lucky, but we were usually the only truck at a dive site, so.... We did notice more broken glass at some of the sites, and much of it was pretty fresh. <sigh>

Hopefully this will be addressed soon before it gets much worse. I'm sure we'll return to Bonaire, though not next year as we're heading to Fiji instead for our summer trip. :D

Be back in 4 days. Yippy!!! :goingdown: :uwphotographer:
Will keep my ears and ears open, but am not going to stress myself. We're there to dive, and I always try to be smart about where I am, no matter where I go.
Have always found crime to be a pretty universal problem, and few governmental bodies like to admit it. :shakehead:

My thoughts exactly!

Hey Doug! Long time. Need any financial backing on this idea!?!? :D

Just a plane ticket for me and my employee (one large grizzly bear). Make sure to order a special meal for him as he gets crabby on long flights. Honey sandwich is his favorite!

How you been Josh???? Are you on your 4th drive trip of the year yet????

Back
Top Bottom