Been to Bonaire 10 times but this trip got some stuff stolen..

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I was never there but would it make sence to bring a small dry bag with you? This way you can put everything in it and drop it in 20 feet of water. Then on the way back pick it up. I understand the coolers etc would not work but everything smaller should.

That's actually not a bad idea.

I know its been suggested before... but why not a simple stake out or quick sting operation? A few of these over the course of a few months and the word would get out? Seems like a small price to pay for all the negative publicity Bon gets? Im sure there would even be some volunteers to help with this?

That's what I thought. It wouldn't take much. If they can hook up those other webcams why not "crime cams"

I will be there for 3 months starting in September. I would consider sitting at various divesites to deter theft. Maybe I'll bring an empty coffee can for donations. :D Or maybe I'll hide in the scrub, then jump out and take their pictures and post them to a website. Seriously...these are things I'm considering.

Seems it would be very easy for them to video or steak out these dive spots if they really wanted to take action. They seem quite fearless doing this in the broad daylight, and I assume at a wide-open beach?

I think leaving the windows down, and everything open would be the best bet.. As long as you don't have anything left in the vehicle.

Leaving the windows open etc. only goes so far. The OP said her lunch was taken. Come 'on! I can't even leave a lunch in my car anymore??? :shakehead: It's not like it's a camera or watch or cash...If you are gonna take my flip-flops something has to be done. It's getting ridiculous!

That's what I thought. It wouldn't take much. If they can hook up those other webcams why not "crime cams"

They would steal the cameras.

How long until someone starts using signs like this on rental cars:

20070419_20.jpg

I have been there multiple times and have spent over 4 weeks there..add me to the list of people with no troubles at all?

I know its been suggested before... but why not a simple stake out or quick sting operation? A few of these over the course of a few months and the word would get out? Seems like a small price to pay for all the negative publicity Bon gets? Im sure there would even be some volunteers to help with this?

Its a shame but wont stop me from returning!

Drew...come on...you've been reading these post. Don'y you get it? The cops are on the take.

Hi All,

We had our meeting with the police chief this past week and I will be posting the minutes/results of this meeting soon. I think that you will see that change will be happening.

Liz

I worked on Curacao,been to Bonaire.

You are kidding, right.:confused:

Cops are on the take on the islands.

Had a visit on both islands by them,for protection money.:shocked:

As long as nothing changes the situation will not get better.

@ OP.you live in Chicago,come on,breakins will and do happen every day.

When we were on the islands 5 times,nothing ever happend but at some point poo will hit the fan and it'ds just your turn.

I wouldn't make anything out of it.

The place is most likely as safe as back home,cops on the take included.:D

I worked on Curacao,been to Bonaire.

You are kidding, right.:confused:

Cops are on the take on the islands.

Had a visit on both islands by them,for protection money.:shocked:

As long as nothing changes the situation will not get better.

@ OP.you live in Chicago,come on,breakins will and do happen every day.

When we were on the islands 5 times,nothing ever happend but at some point poo will hit the fan and it'ds just your turn.

I wouldn't make anything out of it.

The place is most likely as safe as back home,cops on the take included.:D

Nothing is being made of it, the post is for information and it was just irritating.

By the way I lived in Chicago for 17 years and never had a vehicle broken into. Matter of fact I have lived in 5 states over 40 years and had only one car broke into and that was in North Carolina.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom