Before & After

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Before...

Attachments

• Foxtrot Dive.jpg
    Foxtrot Dive.jpg
    175 KB · Views: 87
That bell has everyone on this forum absolutely green with envy. Nice job. I've been diving some old steamboat wreck but can't seem to find a scrap of brass. I'm not sure if they were stripped down of machinery before they sank or what, but not so much as a valve??? I'll keep looking though.

This is a hefty piece of hardware. It weighs 28 lb. Dimensions are 7"x 12" round cross section is 2".
This is the frame for the anchor chain.
In the first pic you can see four 1/4" holes. These holes are tapped. I think someone, a long time ago, drilled and tapped these holes with the intention if splitting the frame. Seems like a LOT of work to me but it is the only reason I can see for these holes being there.
In the third pic , if you look closely you can see a slightly smooth lumpy surface on the lower right inside diameter just where straight section starts to turn into a radius. That is anchor chain wear.

Attachments

• Alpha Dive 20.jpg
    Alpha Dive 20.jpg
    164.4 KB · Views: 77
  • Alpha Dive 21.jpg
    Alpha Dive 21.jpg
    187.4 KB · Views: 67
  • Alpha Dive 22.jpg
    Alpha Dive 22.jpg
    189.6 KB · Views: 73
I like all my items i really cant say what the best is. I have rings, bottles pipe fittings,bullets and even bombs (yes bombs) all of which have come from wrecks. To me everything i find is a treasure.

blacksambellamy:
I like all my items i really cant say what the best is. I have rings, bottles pipe fittings,bullets and even bombs (yes bombs) all of which have come from wrecks. To me everything i find is a treasure.

I know what you mean but that wasn't my question.
Why don't you start a thread with some pictures? I would really like to see what other guys are pulling up off some local wrecks

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom