Beginner Boat Dives - Monterey

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What is the charge for the hoist at Pebble Beach?

The reason I have not posted up is because I just acquired my own boat, and am about done getting everything I need together for diving off of it. I just wish there were more cost effective places to launch on the North Coast. I am also hopeful I can launch at Lobos under most any divable conditions. Something to be said for inflatable boats with lighter outboards.

Chuck,

Would this part from McMaster be enough for my whaler which should be lighter than yours?
My only concern would be the length of the straps.

McMaster-Carr

Thanks Chuck. I had read that before but had forgotten the cost.

blewgrass, "Work Load Limit at 30° 4,650 lbs." Sounds like about the perfect amount of overkill. Although I would look to build something simpler that just used two straps, a ring, and some screw links. There are others with much more experience hoisting their boats than I though.
attachment.php

Attachments

• Hoist.jpg
    Hoist.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 123
Peter, now that I think about it, that page was written several years ago, so
the cost may now be out of date. Also, Steve's boat like most
whalers, probably has two lifting eyes aft, one forward, so three
straps are required.

Steve, it would work, except that the rear straps need to be shorter that
the front strap, and you'd also have to confirm that hooks will fit on your
lifting eye. If you want to borrow my cable sling, let me know.

My Nautique had three lifting rings. It is one of the only brands of wakeboard boats to do so. Made getting it off the trailer easy, so I could work on the trailer or bottom of the hull. Three straps it is then. Two in the back will keep it from sliding.

Doesn't someone offer a lifting kit for Boston Whalers? Seems there are tons of them out there on slings?

I will call all the local dive shops for GPS waypoint markers for good dive sites... There may be too many but talking to some divers gives me the impression that there are many good sites available to the boat diver that can't be accessed by shore.

I'm having fun scoping out some sites on the Franko map but I'm wishing there was more detail in certain areas.

Steve

I'm still looking for 1 or 2 divers for any day from 8/1-8/4 for boat dives in Carmel. PM or call me at 707-280-2128. That's my boat in the little picture in the corner.... beat the crowds!

Steve

I've got divers lined up for Saturday and Sunday, but still have spots open for Monday and Tuesday. Let me know if you're interested.

Steve

Back
Top Bottom