Beginner Boat Dives - Monterey

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey Steve,

Mubin and I will be diving Tuesday, if it just the three of us maybe we could go out in your boat, if it turns out to be a larger group you should join us for a shore dive.

(((kevin)))

It's a strong possibility Kevin. I may Be able to launch at Lobos and meet you guys in Whalers Cove or something like that. I will have to have an arranged buddy to dive at the park though. Let's keep in touch.

I had a great boat dive today at "fire rock" with Alex and Mark whom I met through Ba diving. We had a near event when my starter wiring gave me some trouble, but we fixed her and on the way home we were treated to a delightful "superpod" of Risso's Dolphins! What a thrill! They were flipping over on their backs putting on quite a show for the Monterey whale watching boats. I was forced to slow way down as we were completely surrounded by the superpod of over 100 animals.

I am spoiled for shore diving forever!!!

thanks to all the friendly people who welcomed this outsider from Bodega Bay. It was nice to meet M Boucher and Danobee in person and I'm grateful for them allowing me to follow them down to Carmel today.

Now ... bedtime... tomorrow's forecast is supposed to be better! Woohoo!

S

Another great dive today at Lingcod Reef and dive 2 at Fire Rock again. It was a pleasure to have Tim Nelson join me for a great day of diving. I was able to slow my heart rate and get lots more bottom time as a result. Thanks for the lesson Tim! We saw the huge pod of Risso's dolphins again today, this time moving south at the entrance to Carmel Bay... shweet!

Now who's wants to go to Lobos tomorrow? Come on now... you know you want to! Use that sick time! Take a mental health day...

Steve
707-280-2128

Since I didn't have a BP cuff I couldn't say for sure :)
But... Tim my dive partner gave me some tips on slowing the air consumption safely and they worked very well. I was able to "relax" more, take in the sights on the reef, and make the tank last longer. I am only assuming since my breathing rate was slower and deeper that my heart rate also slowed.

Back
Top Bottom