Belize, Cozumel, Instructor wants working vacation.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

GQMedic

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Ok, I want to broaden my scope of thought here, I'm about to the end of my ITC, and I am thinking it would be a great exerience if I went to one of these exotic places and did a 3 month working vacation. Any of the NAUI (Padi shops seem to have no need for NAUI instructors) instructors have worked a summer or fall in any of the resorts in Belize or Cozumel? If so, where did you go? What did you think of the experience? Who should I get ahold of there to find out more?

I'm 35, never been to these places, but I'd really think I'd enjoy working a resort for a brief period before coming back home to these chilly California waters.

-Dennis

It is really hard to find NAUI shops in the Caribbean and CA. I am a NAUI diver and travel the area extensively. The only one that I can think of off hand would be Club Med. They have a dive operation at Turks & Caicos and might still have one at Columbus Isle.

While I would not send an experienced diver to Club Med for a vacation, it could be a very nice place to be an instructor.

Working in CM is extremely fun, but you also work extremely hard, day start at 7:30 am and end at about 11:00 pm (or later). The job require you to be extremely out going, and you will spend most of the time working as dive master and doing discover scuba diving. Salary is about $640 per month, food and accommodation included.

Roni
IANTD Trimix Instructor Trainer Trainer
Training Director

====================================================
Protech Belize Ltd,
Dive center located at the Belize Yacht Club
PO Box 130, San Pedro Town, Ambergris Caye, Belize
Tell: +501-226-4690 Fax: +501-226-4660
Recreational, Technical, and Cave Diving (Air/ Nitrox/ Trimix)
Rebreather rental & training, dayboats and liveaboards
Instructor development for PADI, IANTD, TDI, SDI, DAN
Retail Shop / Distribution
4th Fairdale Plaza, San Pedro Town, Ambergris Caye, Belize
Tell/ Fax: + 501-226-4660
Authorized distributor / dealer for Scubapro, Uwatec, Trident, Diverite, OMS, VR3, Inspiration rebreather,

www.protechbelize.com

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom