Belize: Death of Corey Monk

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just have to note that the irony of PilotFish scolding Mike about his unsafe diving habits is about as absurd as it gets here.

I just have to note that the irony of PilotFish scolding Mike about his unsafe diving habits is about as absurd as it gets here.

Valdimir, we don't know anything about each other and I'd like to keep it that way.

It is one thing to make a mistake in diving [I know you have never made any in diving :D] but it is quite another to continually do risky diving and ignore advice. My advice? Don't cave dive alone, don't night dive alone. If you want to do that, fine. Be safe:shakehead:

Mike, good luck and good diving. Dive the way you like, as often as you like, anyplace you like and however you like. I wish you well and hope you are safe in whatever you do.

Well thanks but keep in mind that we haven't been discussing what I do. In the context of this thread, I don't even think I've said much about what I do. I've done my share of bone-headed things but I generally dive pretty conservatively even compared to most "recreational" divers who have far less training and experience.

On the subject of what happened to Corey, I have no idea. In many accidents there's enough information that it looks enough like something I've seen a million times that I feel comfortable "speculating" or, at least, talking about those things I've seen a million times as maybe being relevant. In this case, there's virtually nothing other than he got in the water and he didn't come back.

On the subject of solo diving, in the context of "recreational" diving, I don't think you will find a more vocal opponent of the SDI/SD magazine version of solo diving than me.

Don't cave dive alone, don't night dive alone. If you want to do that, fine. Be safe:shakehead:

That's bad advice unless you specify what kind of cave dives you're talking about. Have you ever tried to dive a Kentucky sump with a buddy? LOL, my advice would be "don't dive Kentucky sumps but if you do, go alone".

What's so different about solo diving at night than solo diving during the day?

Valdimir, we don't know anything about each other and I'd like to keep it that way.
What a shame, I was hoping to have cocktails at the University Club.

It is one thing to make a mistake in diving [I know you have never made any in diving :D] but it is quite another to continually do risky diving and ignore advice. My advice? Don't cave dive alone, don't night dive alone. If you want to do that, fine. Be safe:shakehead:
You are missing the absurdity of the situation. Whatever you know about safe diving you've learned from the feedback you get here after describing another of your fiasco dives. Much of that feedback came from Mike himself, who is clearly blessed with an unusual amount of patience. And nobody has any reason to believe you've put any of your newfound knowledge into actual practice.

i dont go on here very often but what i see are lots of people questioning things , right or wrongly but nobody knows the exacts facts or is it good to presume?

I've had Kentucky wiskey. Does that count? :) I thinik I'll stay out of caves, budddy or no:D

uh, um, day has more light and night is darker? :wink:

That's bad advice unless you specify what kind of cave dives you're talking about. Have you ever tried to dive a Kentucky sump with a buddy? LOL, my advice would be "don't dive Kentucky sumps but if you do, go alone".

What's so different about solo diving at night than solo diving during the day?

Valdimir, we don't know anything about each other.......<snip>

.......[I know you have never made any in diving :D]
Too funny.......:rofl3:

On the core topic of Corey I'm with karmadive and MikeFerrara. But why must these discussions so often end in childish mudslinging?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom