Belize is Un-belize-able!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am glad Belize lived up to your expectations!! I know you have been looking forward to it for a long time. Sounds like you had as much fun drinking as you did diving :D ...gotta love that rum...it's the pirate in us..:wink:

A buddy of mine has been trying to get me to go on a live-aboard out of Belize that he is a relief Captain on. I believe the cost is around $2,000 to 2,500 plus airfare, but that includes all your food and drinks :D .....you sure make Belize sound tempting girl!!!

Nice report -

We just returned from Belize also (23-27 March). We stayed at Ramon's in the past and know Turiano very well - especially his infamous bubble rings! Turiano set up the location where I proposed to my wife at the 'tunnel of love' at 100 feet. It was great.

But we didn't stay there this time. And in all fairness, I'm glad we didn't. We discovered a new place that is fantastic.

White Sands Cove - It is north of town across the new bridge about 2 miles. You get there from San Pedro airport by water taxi that the resort arranges. Prices are half that of Ramon's and you get twice the space, and 'newer' amenities. It is family owned and the owners live right there. They are terrific people.

I'll post pics if there's interest.

The reason why we chose White Sands Cove is that their Dive Shop - Dive Master moved from Ramons! We knew Elbert Greer very well and when we learned he left Ramons' to go to White Sands, we decided to go with him. Great decision.

You don't have easy access to the 'night life' of San Pedro. Going North two miles is another world - like San Pedro use to be 10 years ago. Very laid back - lights out at 9:00 - but if diving is what you want and great food (Capricorn, Captain Morgan's, Mamba, Rojo ...) this is the place to be. And a bicycle gets you back to San Pedro after dives. (a workout given the roads)

Two years ago I worked on a small eco-cruise ship (70 passengers) in Belizean and Honduran waters. My job was to dive, dive, dive and bring home UW video to show the passengers who were non-divers. We were able to get into some fantastic dive sites due to the small size of the ship and our Zodiacs. Loved the diving down there, although the winds would occasionally pick up (this was Jan to Mar) pretty good.

Leejnd, I spent the last week in Belize on Caye Caulker diving with Belize Diving Services. I found a minimal but quite suitable guesthouse there. It was shared bath but the room was clean and I was quite happy with it, especially at a price of about $10/night as I remember. It may be less than what you are looking for, but if you are interested I can look in my trip diary to find oout the name.

I dove in Belize last year over the Memorial day weekend and I look forward to going back very soon!!! Thanks for the report.:)

Dr. Bill, thanks for the heads up. In fact I just made my reservations -- we chose a cabana very close to the Split. It's nothing fancy, but then I guess you don't find much fancy on Caye Caulker...which is fine by us! We're looking for diving, diving, diving...and some relaxation on the beach. Sounds like that's what we're going to get there. :D

Thank you for the report. I am even more excited then I was before about my upcoming trip now. I am going with a nondiver, so I'm glad to hear that the nondiving activities are good. I'm especially excited about what you said about the turtles. I've seen turtles while snorkeling, but not while diving yet. They are my absolute favorite so I'm thrilled that there's a good chance of seeing them. Very excited about the sharks too! The only thing that would make your report better is pictures!!!

Thanks for the reports everyone. I'm looking at a trip to Ramons July 7-14'th and just made up my mind to book it first thing monday morning. I'm looking forward to the reef diving and hopefully a day trip or two to the outter atolls (Lighthouse Reef and Turniff South). I'll let everyone know how it turns out in a few months. Meanwhile, does any one have some water and top side pics to post. Thanks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom