Bermuda Only 1 Day To Dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Steve Eady

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Heading to Bermuda in a few weeks and will only have one day to dive, can anyone advise me on who to dive with and what dive. Can only dive friday May 30th.

Thank You
Steve

To some extent it depends on where you are staying on the island, as taxis are expensive, and buses, while very reasonably priced, run on their own schedule.That said, I'd highly recommend Dive Bermuda, located at the Fairmont Southampton hotel's beach.

If you are closer to St. George, Triangle Divers is terrific. I went with Dive Bermuda my first year there, then with Triangle the next two. Different dive sites, so they don't overlap, so you could look at the wrecks you want to go to, but both places are near some good wrecks. I really liked the Penilaion and the Rita Zavetta by the eastern end of the island (near Triangle). Also easier to get on the boat from Triangle - they have a dock in Castle Harbor. Dive Bermuda makes you swim out to the boat, and they ferry your gear by kayak.

thanks guys for the info, looking forward to some warm water to dive in. What is the current temp this time of year ?

OK looks like we are staying in Hamilton on front st. Looks like Triangle divers is close to us ?
Thanks again
Steve

OK looks like we are staying in Hamilton on front st. Looks like Triangle divers is close to us ?
Thanks again
Steve

Not really... Triangle would be about a 30 minute scooter ride from Hamilton, but so would Dive Bermuda (in the other direction). I think that there used to be a dive op that ran boats out of Hamilton, but I don't think that they are there any more...

Mike

Not really... Triangle would be about a 30 minute scooter ride from Hamilton, but so would Dive Bermuda (in the other direction). I think that there used to be a dive op that ran boats out of Hamilton, but I don't think that they are there any more...

Mike

I'm not sure if this is the same one that you mentioned,Mike, but Dive Bermuda used to have a shop at the Hamilton Princess, but they closed it, and now work out of the Southampton location.

I'm not sure if this is the same one that you mentioned,Mike, but Dive Bermuda used to have a shop at the Hamilton Princess, but they closed it, and now work out of the Southampton location.

Yup, I think that you are right... We usually stay at the Hamilton Princess, this year we are staying at Grotto Bay so we will have Triangle Divers in our back yard AND access to their nice quiet beach on the sound (good for the one year old and the 93 year old that we are bringing!).

thanks guys for the info, looking forward to some warm water to dive in. What is the current temp this time of year ?

I only dove there on one trip and you might have to check the temp, but I had the impression the water was never really warm. Take a good wetsuit.

DFB

I only dove there on one trip and you might have to check the temp, but I had the impression the water was never really warm. Take a good wetsuit.

DFB

Last August, 83 degrees on the bottom. Here's my son diving in a backplate and a bathing suit...!

dfr_bermuda.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom