Best ~ $140 I've ever spent

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My husband had an IPE episode( which I know is NOT the bends) however, we have been in contact with some very knowledgable/ helpful people at Duke University. I thought I'd give everyone their names/emails for future reference/problems/questions.
Eric Hexdall- Clinical Director of Duke Dive Medicine
phone- 919-684-6726
email- eric.hexdall@duke.edu

Stefanie Martina
phone-919-668 0001
stefanie.martina@duke.edu.
Stefanie is the assistant to Dr Moon who is known all over the world for his knowledge and involvement with dive medicine.

Eric has a list of all the dive physicians located in the states, and is very helpful with references in specific areas.
Stephanie is available to answer questions about current/past studies and will keep in touch with you about updated information.

Sorry if this info does not belong in this thread, but I just thought it might be helpful in case someone did not know where to start with problems/questions.

Oh ya, I almost forgot...I had an awesome set of moobs. Women all around me were jealous.

Glad I wasn't there...it's bad enough getting caught looking at the other kind. Sorry, couldn't resist.

---------- Post added January 10th, 2013 at 01:22 AM ----------

As far as "how do they know it was dehydration? how do they know it wasn't (this) or (that)?"

I have been an emergency nurse for 16 years and have worked with some of the best doctors in the world. They don't know everything and sometimes they have to make an educated guess, a very well educated guess, but an educated guess none the less.

I am very glad you are recovering, I think it is awful you had to endure this, I am also glad that this incident didn't take my favorite pastime from you. Get well and get down (in 5 or so more months).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom