Best Bali boat diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bqualls

Contributor
Reaction score
Since I'm not the biggest shore diving fan, I'm looking for a Balinese dive op that has the best boats for diving the area from Tulamben to Padang Bai by boat without a van ride. Lembongan will be our first stop and there are good choices there for boat diving, but the mainland seems to be a different story. I've circumnavigated Bali by land, diving the best sites along the way and loved it --- but would prefer to stay in a dive resort that will get me to the best eastern sites by water this time around( if such a resort exists)

Lembongan and Padang Bai should all be boat dives, the vast majority in Tulamben will be from shore. I don't know of anyone who dives Tulamben by boat from PB or vice versa, but the concern seems to be more about shore diving than the van ride (it's only 35-40 minutes). You can position yourself in PB and dive Nusa Lembongan or Penida on day trips by boat, so you could eliminate one stop if you chose. Not difficult to do day trips to PB from Tulamben or vice versa, but personally I'd not do Tulamben from PB...always prefer to stay/dive in Tulamben as guides are going to be more knowledgeable as to where the critters are.

As indicated by ocdiver, there are no operators from Padang Bai, Candidasa or even Sanur / Seminyak diving Tulamben by boat from their local base. The reason for this is simple: navigation would take more than 3 hours per way with a fast boat and the gas bill would be a hefty one.

We dive all of the Eastern sites from Gili Selang in the North to Manta Point on Nusa Penida in the South through Gili Tepekong, Mimpang and Padang Bai local dive sites with our own speedboats moored just in front of the dive centre.

If you wish to dive Tulamben by boat, Scuba Seraya is a great option and there are some basis closer to Amed doing the same.

Enjoy your diving holiday!

Back
Top Bottom