Best bottom timer/computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yeah I'm practicing, I just hate holding up my buddy for so long while I float there and try to re-clip the damn thing. Sometimes I just don't clip it back and keep trying to do it while I swim along! ha ha.

I just hate holding up my buddy for so long while I float there and try to re-clip the damn thing.

So don't.

Sometimes I just don't clip it back and keep trying to do it while I swim along! ha ha.

Do that.

There is no reason to stop moving to check your gas.

First time I was trying to re-clip it it took me 10 minutes to do it, By the end of the same dive I have done it at least 5-6 times. At the end of the dive it took only 20 seconds. :), I still work on it during our training dives along with other things like swapping my regs,disconnecting and reconnecting the bc and dry suit hoses and other things. All this I do on the run. My buddy just asks me if I'm ok from time to time :)

well I stop and do it to practice task loading and buoyancy since it's such a PITA for me. But yeah, I guess I can just keep moving and do it.

well I stop and do it to practice task loading and buoyancy since it's such a PITA for me.

That's why god created ascents :p

Brian, I didn't notice you having a problem with your spg in Catalina. We could have practiced and run ascents if you'd mentioned it.

Some have said they clip off gate out, but I do it gate in with the spg facing backwards. Just makes it easier for me to unclip, pull it up under my arm twisting it face up to take a peak and reclip coming back forward, feeling the tug of the d-ring. Yeah, practice does make perfect too. Somehow I think my hose maybe a couple inches too short. :idk: I've worked out a way to make it work for me.

As for a bottom timer/computer... I just use an old Suunto on gauge and a timex watch. Works okay and inexpensive.

When are you coming out to dive? I'll prolly be back in SoCal next spring... Was told October had the best viz, but doubt I can make it out.

Brian, I didn't notice you having a problem with your spg in Catalina. We could have practiced and run ascents if you'd mentioned it.

Some have said they clip off gate out, but I do it gate in with the spg facing backwards. Just makes it easier for me to unclip, pull it up under my arm twisting it face up to take a peak and reclip coming back forward, feeling the tug of the d-ring. Yeah, practice does make perfect too. Somehow I think my hose maybe a couple inches too short. :idk: I've worked out a way to make it work for me.

As for a bottom timer/computer... I just use an old Suunto on gauge and a timex watch. Works okay and inexpensive.

When are you coming out to dive? I'll prolly be back in SoCal next spring... Was told October had the best viz, but doubt I can make it out.

I wanted to come out to FL this summer but money has been tight, largerly due to uh.. diving! I have a few free flights so hopefully I'll get to burn one to go out there! I don't know where to start or go though! How's the diving in the fall out there?

You didn't see me have a problem with SPG in catalina cause I didn't have one! ha ha. I was using the transmitter to my computer there :no: !!

Our conditions out here got pretty amazing about a week or two after you were out here! bad timing =/ Like flat oceans, might as well have been a big bucket of water flat!! I've never seen the pacific ocean that flat! It was amazing! Actually there are some pix on my FB in mobile uploads!

I wanted to come out to FL this summer but money has been tight, largerly due to uh.. diving! I have a few free flights so hopefully I'll get to burn one to go out there! I don't know where to start or go though! How's the diving in the fall out there?

Our conditions out here got pretty amazing about a week or two after you were out here! bad timing =/ Like flat oceans, might as well have been a big bucket of water flat!! I've never seen the pacific ocean that flat! It was amazing! Actually there are some pix on my FB in mobile uploads!

Conditions in the fall? About opposite as it is there. Cloudy, not so good viz. Unless we head out to the springs/caves :D:)

Murphy rules my life. Of course, conditions were optimal when I wasn't there.

You didn't see me have a problem with SPG in catalina cause I didn't have one! ha ha. I was using the transmitter to my computer there :no: !!

:doh: Check out my sig line. That's my goal.

ALRIGHT! End of Hijack... Carry on, people.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom