Best Curacao shore dive?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jd950

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Looking back over various dive sites I have been to, I am not sure if I have a favorite and was wondering about other folks' opinions, so...

What would you consider to be the best shore dive on Curacao and why?

And I guess not to exclude anyone, what would you rate as the best boat dive and why? I am guessing Watamula will win this one.

Alice in Wonderland/Playa Kalki. It was the best dive we did all week - a combination of easy access, interesting fish/animals that we found and I liked the fact that either direction was a little different.

Alice in Wonderland/Playa Kalki. It was the best dive we did all week - a combination of easy access, interesting fish/animals that we found and I liked the fact that either direction was a little different.

Yup! May actually be the top TWO shore dives so be sure to do it twice. Once to the left. Once to the right.

I preferred the shore dives in the San Juan area. We did 4 dives along the Alice in wonderland/PlayaKalki area as well as all three beaches in San Juan. I thought the San Juan dives were better. Lagun was also very good. It was the other place that we made multiple dives at. At all of these sites you can make at least two dives. You could probably spend 4 or 6 dives at each and not see everything.

I am not familiar with the San Juan area. Where is that?

I agree about the San Juan sites, all very good! Kind of remote, but don't let that scare you off.

Best boat dive: Watamula!!!!!!!

Dive safe, BK

Is it safe to haul multiple tanks in your vehicle on Curacao like we do on Bonaire, to allow two shore dives w/o going back?
Or do UNSCRUPULOUS URCHINS steal them to melt down for scrap metal?:shakehead:

We left tanks in our unlocked car and never had any issues. In fact we only saw three other people the entire time we were there. And they were all either divers or tourists.

It does call $5 NAFL to enter, but it's worth it IMO. The roads are not great, but we had no problems getting to and back from any of the beaches in a Kia sedan. Just drive slow. It's rocky, but clearance wasn't an issue.

You will feel very alone back on those beaches. And you probably are. It's a great place to chill on the beach too.

Back
Top Bottom