Best Curacao shore dive?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Okay, I know where you are talking about, I guess I just didn't know the area by its name. We tried to go to Playa Largu once, but it was in the rainy season and the road just looked a little to risky. I'm going next time, though.

Wizard, We have rarely driven around Curacao without a bunch of tanks in the back. Never had a problem and I don't think there is anything to worry about.

I had a really nice dive at Vaersenbaii. Still not sure which is a favorite.

Looking forward to it. I might find out tomorrow if I will be able to dive at all this Summer. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Favorite shore dive site; that is a difficult question. I had to think long before I came up with my favorite: Playa Piskadó going to the right ("house reef" of Sunshine and Dave; it is right under their apartment/restaurant); I prefer this site over Alice in Wonderland/Playa Kalki. Same abundance of large formations of star coral and less damaged by Omar.

Other very nice shore dives that are not mentioned yet:
  • Porto Marie double reef
  • Fishermen's Wharf (left and right)
  • Baya with the steep wall, the tugboat and especially the pier
  • Bachelor Bay (not easily accessible, but unspoiled)

Just to make it easier: There are hardly any shore dive sites here that will disappoint you

I have a soft spot for Vaersen Baai, but then, we had an encounter with a pod of 12 or so dolphins there.

Aside from that, any place I can dive is a good place. I was never disappointed with any of my dives in Curacao

Gene V

At the risk of starting even more controversy..... I'll say a prayer for you. Be healthy.

I guess the prayer worked....Doc says I'll be okay to dive even in June. I had previously been told I would probably have to wait at least until August if not close to the end of the year (No major medical issue anyway; some oral surgery involving a bone graft and I can't dive until it is adequately healed).

I need to get in touch with Andreas...

But I have to admit our 2 East coast dives were crystal clear, pristine coral formations and larger schools of fish. Warning; it is an advance intermediate dive, not for newbies.

What are the names of these dives, and how do you get to them? We will be there next month staying at All West. I'm sure we will see you for at least one dinner!

Thanks, BK

There may be others, and I'm sure Sunshine would know, but the only place I know of going there is Dive Charter Curacao. I have thought I would like to do this, but each time I think of a 45 minute choppy ride each way on a RIB to get to and from the dive site, I have lost the motivation. It isn't cheap, either. $220.00 for a couple.

Still, it would be a fun dive. Maybe next time.

Curacao Scuba Diving - Dive Charter Curacao the best boat dive adventure in the Caribbean.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom