Best Dive Vacation with non-diving Family

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScottBuck

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I am looking for great dive spots (vacation) that have things and places for my non-diving wife and kids to do and go. And when I say kids I mean young 4, 6 and 8 yrs old. I have been to places like playa del carmen, hawaii but looking for some new places to go.

So, where are the best family friendly dive vacations?

Have you considered Cuba? I stayed in Cayo Coco and had a great time (that was actually the only trip in about 9 years that I did zero diving though). Another good option I think is Turks & Caicos (I stayed at the Beaches on Providenciales). San Juan was pretty good.....kept me busy enough on the non-diving days and DR would be a good choice too. Barbados is more expensive but always fun IMO.

Now, having said all of that, my formal recommendation based on my travel would be the Mayan Riviera (Grand Sirenis) even though you may have ruled the area out.

Grand Cayman, Turks & Caicos - Provo, and Florida.

Culture, Zip lines, Golf, Village tours, fishing, water sports, and some of the best diving anywhere:wink:
820_IMG_6316_Fire_walkers_BLR_Fiji_06.jpg

with kids those ages... I would go to Hawaii (Maui or Kona) or Florida (Ft. Lauderdale, Boca Raton area) or Florida Keys (Key Largo).

If you really want to go out of the country, then I might consider Cozumel or Belize (Ambergris Caye). Grand Cayman is also a good choice, but a bit pricier. Cozumel would be least expensive and an all-inclusive resort would have lots of activities for the kiddies.

robin:D

What kind of non-diving stuff are you looking for? Would something like Breezes in Curacao fit the bill? You'd have access to the diving of Curacao, but they would have things like the kids club and a pretty nice beach and pool, and going to town is always an option.

that's a tuff one---one that you may have to 'put-off' (100%)diving vacations for a few years till the kids get a little older.....When they do get a little older, head to Dominica, plenty of stuff for the family to see & do topside---after YOUR morning of diving, lol..

Back
Top Bottom