Best dives in the Caribe?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

requena

Registered
Reaction score
hello every one.
any one could tell me where are the best caribean islands to dive?
many thanks
luis requena

Of course, that's a subjective question (and depends on what kind of diving you want to do) but generally speaking, my votes would go to:

Bonaire, Turks & Cacios, Belize, Cayman Islands, & Virgin Islands

many thanks for the answers.
i know it was a subjetive question. but for sure all the places you say are good. i´ll do a more deeply check of that places
thanks again

Hands down Roatan... Been to all the places listed so far, none are as good as Roatan IMHO. You can add Hawaii as another one "not as good as" too! I know, not in the Caribean but what the heck.

Dominican Republic

Is the biggest island in the caribbean after Cuba. Sweet spots to check:

- East National Park. Several coral reef areas and the Saona Island. You can take some tours or rent a boat from the locals at Bayahibe.

- Jaragua National Park. It's a bit away from most facilities, but it's worth the trip.

- Samana Bay. During the months of November-March the hunchback whales come to this part of the island to breed.

There are many more places.....

On of your three other posts mentioned something important.
requena:
I´m a dive instructor from spain... to work...free lance, liveaboard or landbased dive center.

That definitely changes the answer... as it changes the question.

The best islands to dive are not the best ones to work. As a matter of fact- the best islands for diving offer no dive related work, most aren't even serviced by live aboards.

So, really, has your question changed from the other thread- or should we consider employment opportunities as well?

Roatan definitely gets my vote any day. I have been there over 40 times and it continues to be my favorite place in the world. I have also been diving on many islands in the Caribbean and all the islands of Hawaii. So far Roatan is the best.

Back
Top Bottom