Best guage mode in a computer?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
So I'm taking GUE fundies in April and I need a depth guage/bottom timer. I was recommended to get the Scubapro/Uwatec Digital 330 but its like $250ish. I could get a dive computer for almost $100 less but I don't know if it would have the same features in guage mode as the Digital 330 has. Can anyone give me any technical recommendations?

The only mportant readings are dive time and depth. The 330 shows noting more than that. More is not needed for GUE Fundies. Oh, it's nice if your computer/guage does not lock you out when you violate it's suggestions as for instance Suunto does :D

So I'm taking GUE fundies in April and I need a depth guage/bottom timer. I was recommended to get the Scubapro/Uwatec Digital 330 but its like $250ish. I could get a dive computer for almost $100 less but I don't know if it would have the same features in guage mode as the Digital 330 has. Can anyone give me any technical recommendations?

If you have a dive computer, any computer, with gauge mode, use it!! I wouldn't buy a depth gauge/bottom timer of any kind, I'd buy a computer with gauge mode and use it in gauge mode.

The difference between some is that some show average depth during the dive and some don’t.

Ask your instructor if you need that and then choose accordingly. I would definitely buy an actual computer rather than the SP/Uwatec bottom timer.

The Scubapro/Aladin Tec 2G and similar computers have a decent gauge mode, and if you have the correct IrDA adapter, they will download dive profiles as well. The Scubapro/Uwatec software has terrible support, but that is another story altogether. I have a 330 BT that is currently on my scooter, as well as a TEC 2G and two Shearwater Petrels. Let me give it a little thought and perhaps I could part with a BT if that is the route you want to go. Although I do agree with using a computer in BT mode vs the BT.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom