Best Lobster in Coz?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sound like Prima is the place for lobster. I'm not a big lobster fan myself, but my wife loves it sooooo much. Is that $40 for a whole lobster dinner for one? Also sounds like a real romatic place to celebrate special events.

Been to Le Chef, which was really good.

Lobster House seems to have mixed reviewed; people either love it or hate it.

Anyone have any opinions"

I would give a very slight edge over Primas lobster to La Cabana del Pescador. While you're there try the Key Lime Pie in a bowl. Very Good.

"Casa Mision" in the 55th avenue is specialized in Lobsters.

The capitan comes personaly to show you the Lobster's tails of the day to let you choose the one you want to eat. Fresher than that must be dificult to do... :D

"Casa Mision" in the 55th avenue is specialized in Lobsters.

The capitan comes personaly to show you the Lobster's tails of the day to let you choose the one you want to eat. Fresher than that must be dificult to do... :D

I have not had the lobster at Casa Mission, so I cannot speak to how fresh or how well prepared it is.

The problem I have with Casa Mission is that on more than a few occasions - myself or people I know have discovered their tabs were heavily padded. When the tab was questioned - major attitude from the waiter(s) followed. Once I can understand, but this issue seems too frequent for me to feel comfortable recommending this restaurant.

Ditto what Christi said........I quit going there for just that reason, along with the annoying spectacle at the front entrance watching the taxi drivers collecting their commissions for bringing people there.........just MHO......Betsy

"Great big" lobsters aren't the really good ones - the bigger they are the tougher they are.

We really like Prima for lobster - always perfectly cooked. Surf and Turf runs $500 - $800 pesos ($40 - $60) depending on which size you ask for - but it is a really great filet and lobster and most often enough for us to share and walk away from the table "full."
The mere thought of Prima's lobster chunks over linguine with olive oil y mucho ajo accompanied by a sumptuous red wine is making me drool down the front of my shirt.

Mike, is Albertos the place on the beach down towards Casa Del Mar?

Albertos is just south of KM 17 south of Occidental Grand. Its definately a place for those who stay on the south side and would like to skip the drive to town. The food is very well done. Lobster, Conch, Grouper.....its all very good and priced right. Great place to watch a sunset and have dinner.

Id have to second what 5615Mike says.....Our Coz trips just are not done until we step away from our AI and enjoy the Lobster at Albertos at least once a trip. They bring you a platter with 3 different size lobsters to choose from and their prices. Seating is on the beach and lighting is tiki torches (if you're there the time of year bugs are out, they even supply bug spray. They have live music at least once a week and a DJ the plays great rock-n-roll tunes. (I will never forget when my 14 year old son jumped on the stage and started lip-snking to an old Bon Jovi song on a dare....priceless.

"Great big" lobsters aren't the really good ones - the bigger they are the tougher they are.

That might be true for spiny lobster. I wouldn't know.

It's definitely NOT true for real lobster (you know, the ones with delicious claws). As those get bigger they just get tastier and not tougher. The meat-to-gunk ratio improves with increasing size as well. A 3-pound lobster has considerably more meat than 3 1-pounders. Of course, this presumes that you pick the arms and body and don't just eat the tail. Since the tail is the least delicious meat on a lobster, that shouldn't be a problem.

Around here, lobster often costs about the same per pound as hot dogs (though admittedly it has waste and hot dogs don't) so we tend to eat a fair amount. Larger ones usually cost more per pound for good reason. When they're priced equally we always go for bigger ones.

Back
Top Bottom