Best meal by Restaurant in Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nobody mentioned the Avocado Soup at ... uhm.. for the life of me I cant remember the name of the place but I go there every time.
Get off the ferry, cross the park diagonally in the southern direction. I think it's 1Sur, go up half a block, on the right across from a gifts/trinklets vendor. They have a small courtyard in the back.
I'm pretty sure I know the place you mean. It's nearly next door to the Pro Dive shop across from the old Prima location, right? If so, I have eaten there but I have no idea what its name is.

THis thread needs a sticky. Loving the menu suggestions in addition to the restaurants! That lion fish dish looks AMAZING!!!!!

I think you mean Casa Denis one of the oldest restaurants in Coz.The avocado soup is very good and their enchiladas are good too - otherwise, I am not personally a big fan of that place.

That's the one! I first found Avocado soup on their menu and loved it, since then I'm always looking for it at other places but it's rare.

Parrilla Mission is good at a good price. They were telling me they had staffing issues and rearranged things last we were there. Food was good, but the Margs were rough. We like the place alot.

Just had dinner at La Terazza again - it was excellent!!!!!! Our table of 8 had everything from chicken, to steak to pasta - everyone was extremely happy with their meal and of course the service was outstanding as well.

This place should be on everyone's MUST VISIT list!!!

La Terraza..had shrimp scampi with fettucini instead of rice and the garlic bread was some of the best I ever had..the service here was outstanding
Ohana...Best coconut shrimp ever and excellent service as well as a great selection of tequila.
Guido's...Swiss macaroni and cheese...was excellent but will never return as service was lousy and bar staff were downright rude
El Foco...best chicken tacos ever!!
Fellinis...best pizza but very poor beverage selection

Oh, pick me. The mole enchiladas at El Moro. A deep rich mole with a ton of subtle flavors woven through it. Somewhere in there were 3-4 margaritas. They too were rich and deep with a ton of subtle flavors......

If I remember correctly, you shared it with me. (I had a "few" margaritas myself!) Their mole is delicious.
El Moro also has a wonderful fish dish in a white wine cream and cheese sauce served En Pappillote
. Delicious!!

The best Conch ceviche on the island (and cheap too) is at San Carlos Pescadeira. Its tucked away off 50th behind the sports stadium on 3rd.
They have great friend fish as well.

Pescaderia San Carlos, Cozumel - Restaurant Reviews - TripAdvisor

Although I have never eaten there, all my local friends are absolutely raving about it as they are now open for dinner at night. One of my friends was raving about the Caribbean Coconut Shrimp Paella.

Buccanos restaurant at night

My other favorite at Ponchos Backyard is their Chiles Rellenos con Plátano y nueces (Chile Rellenos with Plantain and nuts). Like no other you will ever try!!

P.S. Mike - you crack me up. Hysterical.

I think someone has a video of that night at El Moro Jen!
The best pasta is at the restaurant at El Presidente, they serve one dish with lobster that is just incredible. I have also enjoyed the lasagna there as well.
I like the empanatas
at Del Sur, its a great place for dinner and my favorite place is Kinta. Love the fish and pesto with bread pudding for desert.

The best pasta is at the restaurant at El Presidente

Do they still serve the Fettuccine with the special gold silverware and give you their special certificate after the meal? Their sign on the gate says "Emperor of Fettuccine" or something like that doesn't it?

It's been so long since I went to Cozumel. I was told to go to this restaurant that was basically in a a back alley, pretty far from the main town. We went by taxi and the person who sent us told the taxi driver how to get there.
they had the best lobster and margaritas ever! Plus, it was super cheap!
It was an open building, looking out into what amounted to an alley. East side of the alley. I have no idea what the name of the place was and would be hard pressed to find it again.
in fact, I tried to find it on a return trip and never did.

Back
Top Bottom