Best meal by Restaurant in Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Last night we ate at La Perlita and most of us ate lionfish. The best was a dish I can neither spell nor pronounce but it was basically lionfish prepared the same way as coconut shrimp. It was one of the best seafood dishes I have ever tasted.

Oh, I forgot to mention that one! That is TERRIFIC. Just a touch of sweet from the coconut, but not enough to overpower the lionfish! Filete Xcalakoco:

Coz022012 039.jpg

Oh, I forgot to mention that one! That is TERRIFIC. Just a touch of sweet from the coconut, but not enough to overpower the lionfish! Filete Xcalakoco:

I can't believe I left this off. They have a truly excellent ceviche de pez leon, but since we're talking about best dish, the Filete Xcalakoco is La Perlita's.

I forgot that Hotel Bello Caribe used to have a very nice Sunday morning brunch for about 8 dollars.Seems like it is mostly an all local after church crowd.The food is good and they have a nice selection of traditional and regular brunch dishes.Also not a bad hotel where you can usually get a room for around $38.00 for a double.Located on 30th street a couple of blocks off airport road.

Cocina Italiana - everything I have eaten at this place is divine. Lunch 1-4pm. Located at 6 North & 15.

Though there is a lovely garden area, for lunch it is cooler to eat inside. The main dining area is in owner Lila's living room and includes an open kitchen. As you are invited in you're shown the choices of the main dish and other sides of the day that are included. I'm remembering the chicken breast stuffed with cheese and spinach. You are seated and in for a treat. First comes the soup of the day, then salad and really garlicky hot garlic bread. Then your main dish comes, that day it was with al dente vegetables and a lightly cream-sauced spaghetti with fresh mushrooms & spinach. Iced tea or agua fresca of the day (melon or jamaica) is included. $110 pesos per person ($10 +/- now). I suggest you get a doggie bag instead of cleaning your plate to leave room for the tiramisu dessert. It's an extra 40 pesos and is to die for. I usually split the tiramisu with my dining companion and roll out of there.

Popeye's Seafood on 2 North and 25

Split a whole fish crispy cooked on the outside and meltingly fresh and tender on the inside. Another memorable meal.

OK I'll play :)

I see a GLARING omission here! Le Chef - LOBSTER SANDWICH is DELICIOUS!! ALso at Le Chef, the Lasagna is divine - I've never been a lasagna lover, but Eduardo's lasagna is fabulous. Also his Tuna Tartare is spectacular and really anything on his menu - whatever the fish of the day is - it's always amazing! Problem there is I can never decide what to get!!

I also finally made it to La Terraza last night - it was excellent! I had the chicken picatta and asked for only steamed veggies on the side - everything was perfect!

ANYTHING on Kinta's menu is great - Cherry bomb appetizers or tuna tostada appetizer if they have them - delicious!

El Moro - Shrimp or Chicken on a wire or the mole or suissa enchiladas - I think El Moro has the best Mole I've ever had - AND it's just a great place because of the peopel that own and run it - Ray and family are genuine hosts!

Guido's - Whatever the fish is - always amazing!

Blue Angel - Eva's Salad is super delicious - not on the menu but if you ask, they will make it for you if they have everything - otherwise, the Blue Angel Salad is great as well! Never had a bad meal at Blue Angel - so you're safe with anything!

Del Sur - One of EVERYTHING please!

Wet Wendy's - The burritos are DELICIOUS - just not a calorie friendly food - haha. I also had the raja tacos recently and those were delicious

Camilos - Shrimp torta - yummy

Lisa's new Tex-Mex - the Poblano soup is to die for - also several other delicious things on the menu there

Rock-n-Java - Chicken Caesar wrap, veggie burger, any omelette for breakfast - another place where I'm always happy with anything I order!

That's all I can think of right now :) Buen provecho!

BTW - I am working on the updated restaurant list and am getting REALLY close to having it done! We've just been super busy - but I've got some lull time coming up so I hope to have it done soon!!!!

Last edited:
Nobody mentioned the Avocado Soup at ... uhm.. for the life of me I cant remember the name of the place but I go there every time.
Get off the ferry, cross the park diagonally in the southern direction. I think it's 1Sur, go up half a block, on the right across from a gifts/trinklets vendor. They have a small courtyard in the back.

Nobody mentioned the Avocado Soup at ... uhm.. for the life of me I cant remember the name of the place but I go there every time.
Get off the ferry, cross the park diagonally in the southern direction. I think it's 1Sur, go up half a block, on the right across from a gifts/trinklets vendor. They have a small courtyard in the back.

La Choza?

Welcome to "La Choza" - Best Mexican Food Restaurant at Cozumel.

I think you mean Casa Denis one of the oldest restaurants in Coz.The avocado soup is very good and their enchiladas are good too - otherwise, I am not personally a big fan of that place.

I also can't believe I left out Parilla Mission (not Casa Mission or Mission downtown, but Parilla Mission on 30th. Very good mexican food, tacos, fajitas, MX Combo platter and they have a side dish bar with all kinds of great stuff to go with your meal. lso VERY affordable.

Another chicken place that is also great is La Parilla (?) - I hope that is right. BBQ Chicken, Teriyaki chicken, or regular chicken - it's on 30th and 17th or 19th - next to the Oxxo

New taco place at the corner of 11th and 30th next to the new 7-Eleven is also good - can't remember the name of it right now. My favorite three taco places are this place, El Pique and Otates

Also, Chilangos on 30th, dinner only - they have Huaraches which are big open faced tacos, a very regional style taco about $20 pesos each - very good.

Also, a word about ordering fish at restaurants - please avoid ordering Grouper (aks Mero) or Conch (over fished and from the reefs) - many eco friendly restaurants won't serve them, but there are some that do and we should not support this by ordering it.

Wahoo, Dorado (Mahi Mahi), tuna, salmon (of course won't be fresh, but can still be very good), Huachinango (red snapper), and of course Lion fish are all fine to order!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom