Best meal by Restaurant in Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Pozole at Los Otates.

Lime Soup at Denis

Chimichanga @ Blue Angel

Catch of the Day @ La Kinta

It's been so long since I went to Cozumel. I was told to go to this restaurant that was basically in a a back alley, pretty far from the main town. We went by taxi and the person who sent us told the taxi driver how to get there.
they had the best lobster and margaritas ever! Plus, it was super cheap!
It was an open building, looking out into what amounted to an alley. East side of the alley. I have no idea what the name of the place was and would be hard pressed to find it again.
in fact, I tried to find it on a return trip and never did.

Well, El Moro sounds like that except it's on the west side of the alley, I think. And it isn't 'super' cheap. And I never had lobster there.... Do you remember a stuffed dusty jaguar? And did someone say video?

[youtubehq]zlvEWR-bagg[/youtubehq]

Or the Xtbentun story, with a running commentary from [user]JenLoves2Dive[/user] and [user]CozumelAntonio[/user]

[youtubehq]KNlSsGNRiAw[/youtubehq]

Last edited:
Might as well add a subcategory:
"Hangover Food" - LOL

The best Pazole is to be found in Merida, however, I think La Choza's Pazole beats Los Otates any day, BUT they only make it on Sundays. You can ask for it with either pork or chicken. They bring the pazole and a separate plate full of condiments to add to the soup, chopped onion, cilantro, chopped radish, and cabbage. It is an entire meal in itself and will cure even the most wicked hangover (as in the day after the first night of Carnival.)

I love the Ruben Sandwich at Kelly's Bar. I don't eat red meat but I will from time to time and the Ruben is my traditional New Year's Day food. They make it using a turkey pastrami and its grilled to perfection and has a ton of flavor! (I couldn't tell that it wasn't red meat.)

I love the tacos de pascado and cameron tacos (I prefer frita) at Cameron Dorado. Just go up the Transversal road and after you pass the nursery (Plant sales) on the right it will be on the corner on the right. Can't miss it. Served with yummy pickled onions and two excellent salsa (the green one IS habanero) and will definitely get your attention and wake you up! Also tried an excellent version of chile rellenos on a corn tortilla. Delicious!! Can not beat the prices as each taco is in the 17-20 pesos range.

I want to mention Pescaderia San Carlos again. (They have a nice little sit-down courtyard in the back) Recently a group of four of us went and for $300 pesos we received 2-3 types of ceviche, and thee beautiful large fish dishes, an entire beautiful fried fish (that day it was hogfish, a grilled fish with ajo, and another fish Vera Cruz style. All came with tortillas, rice w vegetables and frioles. I was with 3 guys (larger appetites than me) and we were all stuffed at the end.

When I just need a sugar cure I head to La Cucina Italiana just for her tiramisu. She puts an interesting twist on the desert and its very hard to finish one, but I do also find it impossible to share!

Last edited:
Did someone say, "Menudo?!" :D

[video=youtube;yYqvEv5TiEE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYqvEv5TiEE[/video]

Well, El Moro sounds like that except it's on the west side of the alley, I think. And it isn't 'super' cheap. And I never had lobster there.... Do you remember a stuffed dusty jaguar? And did someone say video?

Or the Xtbentun story, with a running commentary from [user]JenLoves2Dive[/user] and [user]CozumelAntonio[/user]

This looks a lot like it. Is the front entirely open to the street? As in, huge doors, or actually no doors? I think they must just have a sliding down garage door or bars that slide across when they close.
dont remember the jaguar but it's been a really, really long time. That was my first dive trip ever. I'd say it was probably 1998 or 99.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2RiFxY5hxzc

Did someone say, "Menudo?!" :D

[video=youtube;yYqvEv5TiEE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYqvEv5TiEE[/video]
I'm a bit more partial to this type of menudo. :D

menudo.jpg

When I just need a sugar cure I head to La Cucina Italiana just for her tiramisu. She puts an interesting twist on the desert and its very hard to finish one, but I do find it hard to share!

Hard to finish one? I think seconds are in order!

Not the place for drinking, or for acting goofy.
You will probably need to order in spanish...however Chilangos has an awesome huarache.

Do they still serve the Fettuccine with the special gold silverware and give you their special certificate after the meal? Their sign on the gate says "Emperor of Fettuccine" or something like that doesn't it?

Not sure they still do that. I have never been with any one who has ordered it. You are right about the sign.

Back
Top Bottom