best NYC dive shops?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I haven't shopped for in years in NYC, but aside from Pan Aqua, Paragon, LP, kings - there's Stingray divers and Scuba NY at Gerritsen Beach in Brooklyn.

I have bought at Leisure Pro and I like their selection. However, I would advise the OP to contact the store a few days before going there to make sure they have a particular item of interest available.

I have bought at Leisure Pro and I like their selection. However, I would advise the OP to contact the store a few days before going there to make sure they have a particular item of interest available.

The reason the OP should contact LP is to make sure they're open and not closed for a Jewish holiday. This is important; I've walked there a few times only to find the store closed. That's a drag.

No Jewish holidays going on right now :) Otherwise, our store hours are on the site, but here they are for quick reference:

Sun. 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM
Mon. - Thurs. 9:00 AM to 7:45 PM
Fri. 9:00 AM to 1:00 PM
Eastern time.
Saturday we are closed

I usually go on their web site before I go to the store to narrow down my selections and then copy down the SKU#s of the items I want to see. If the items are not in the showroom they will have them sent up in a couple of minutes for you to try as long as they are in stock. You will be able to see if the item is in stock on their web site before you go.

I usually go on their web site before I go to the store to narrow down my selections and then copy down the SKU#s of the items I want to see. If the items are not in the showroom they will have them sent up in a couple of minutes for you to try as long as they are in stock. You will be able to see if the item is in stock on their web site before you go.

I've been there looking for a few pieces that were hard to find and they had only one of the items on inventory, and told me they could get the rest in, if I recall correctly, two days. I would no longer be in NYC in two days, so that was not very good news for me.

I am not criticizing the shop in anyway, however. I could not find what I was looking for in any of the other three shops I went to in Mahattan, with no hope of getting it from them.

I was just recommending the OP to order what he wants before going there, if he knows for sure what he is looking for, to avoid running into the same kind of problem. Specially if he is looking for something more uncommon, like a conversion kit for a regulator.

Thanks for the help everyone. Made it to Leisure Pro yesterday and the Hollis M1 seemed to be a good fit so I picked it up, toothpasting it now

Back
Top Bottom