Best Place For New/er divers.

Where would you go with new/newer divers?

• Cancun, Mexico

Votes: 11 37.9%
  • Nassau, Bahamas

Votes: 15 51.7%
  • St. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands

Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mthelming

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I'm trying to plan a trip at the beginning of August. My girlfriend, mother, and myself will be cert. for about 4 months, with as much diving between as possible, and my mothers friend has logged numerous dives all over. Where would an ideal place for us to go, and why?

what else do you want to do besides dive? Eat! See Some sights? and lay at the beach.
how many dives do you plan to do? As many as I can
How much money do you want to spend? All total- $2000 each for a week.
Do you want exotic or luxury? more Exotic, but a blend would be ideal
Where are you leaving from? Either Bufffalo/Toronto, or Washington DC area.

I don't think I understand enough of the situation to vote -
what else do you want to do besides dive?
how many dives do you plan to do?
How much money do you want to spend?
Do you want exotic or luxury?
Where are you leaving from?

I voted for Nassau. It came down to Cancun vs Nassau. Cancun can have some pretty stiff currents at times. Nassau rarely does. Both have very clear warm water, and plenty of stuff to see.

Enjoy.

TOM

robint:
I don't think I understand enough of the situation to vote -
what else do you want to do besides dive?
how many dives do you plan to do?
How much money do you want to spend?
Do you want exotic or luxury?
Where are you leaving from?

Exactly-

And to that I'll add- don't worry about how lush the reef is or how the fish life is- at this point, you'll see about the same thing no matter where you go. I say- go cheap. Nassau. Log some dives... worry about pretty fish next time around.

+1 BONAIRE...but there's nothing to do but dive or snorkel/kayak.

None of the above. Stay in the USA; go to S. Florida. Get more experience then travel out of the US.

I like Key Largo/Islamorada and Cozumel. Close by, economical and good diving.

Another vote for Bonaire. No brainer for newbie divers. No current, great vis, easy shore dives and very inexpensive (due to not paying for boat rides).

I vote for Puerto Vallarta Mexico I think that the diving at los arcos, majahuitas and marietas are great for novice and expierenced divers. August is in the diving season in Vallarta. Clear water and no wetsuites. almost 90 degrees. There is less people in Aug. (more people come in the winter time, when diving is not at its best and cold.)
The restaurants, in the romantic zone are great, Restaruants are small quaint and delish. you could go every day to a new restaurnat in Vallarta for a year, that s how many places to choose from.
There is horseback riding, canopy tours,atv tours, and ofcourse diving and snorkling.
and I beleive that you could get a nice place, do lots of diving and restaurants for 2,ooo. us a piece.
for more info pm me.
good luck -

Back
Top Bottom