Best places to dive in north Florida

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I just got my open water certification and I'm looking to go to Florida for a family get away and do some diving. My wife is wanting to go somewhere around Destin, but nothing is set in stone yet. Can anyone suggest a good area we could go near Destin where there is good diving. We don't have to go near Destin. We are in Atlanta and only want to drive six or seven hours. Thanks. :14:

Check out Vortex Springs. It's clear water and has a cool u/w talkie box.
You picked a strange subforum in which to post your question; this area is more for advertisements. I would suggest re-posting your question in the Florida Conch Divers subforum.
http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/florida-conch-divers/
Good luck!

You picked a strange subforum in which to post your question; this area is more for advertisements. I would suggest re-posting your question in the Florida Conch Divers subforum.
Good luck!

I'd acutally suggest the Deep Dixie Divers forum over the FL conch one for North Florida, especially the panhandle (where Vortex is). A lot of the threads for that area are often posted in Deep Dixie Diver subforum because they "get lost" in the Florida subforums....

Good luck!

I was just certified in OW just a few weeks ago and I had to dive in Vortex Springs. I myself probably will not be going back there because it was just a havoc with so many other scuba classes. I do not know when is the best time to go out there but around noon was awful. I am not claustrophobic but whenever I got deeper near the cave entrance, there were a ton of other people so it was hard to move around down there. The newbie, unlike me, will only look after themselves so you are probably going to get hit a lot.

I can give you some other areas but I am not sure what exactly you are looking for because I am new myself to these locations. I will give you anything I find from Underwater Florida by Ned Deloach. There isn't that many beach dives in the location of Destin but there are some springs. You just might encounter a lot of students.

Back
Top Bottom