Best Scuba mounts for GoPro - Monopod vs. Headstrap vs. Mask mount vs. other?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

On the versus other type of mount. I would suggest looking at the only BCD mount on the market. It lets you adjust the angle of what you are filming when desired.It is the Z Gear BCD mount which can also can be extended to give you even more filming angles, You can adjust the arm downward to give you a forward filming position,allowing you to see what you are filming. Take a look at this how to use video Z Gear - Extension kit in the forward facing position - YouTube

I have used the head strap mount on 4 dives. I tethered it to my BCD shoulder so I didn't have to worry about it coming of. It is very comfortable and I had to feel a few times to be sure it was still there. It never fell of once. I didn't find bubbles a problem but I really had to lock my head still to get good video. But you know you will have to look around during the dive and the video is all over the place. I will try a pole mount or if I decide to go with lights , a tray. I think I will be more comfortable not thinking of keeping my head still the whole dive.

After about a year of pretty rough use, the monopod that was originally recommended by this post broke. I'm now using this version, POV Pole 36" GoPro-Edition, and can say that I like it much better so far. It is very compact when not extended. Also, you can easily switch from POV to pointing forward without adjusting anything on the monopod itself.

The SP Gadgets range of poles are excellent quality! Not designed for salt water but if you rinse properly afterwards they are fine. The GoPole Reach is also a good choice.

I use that jaws flex-clamp thing made by GoPro. It goes anywhere: fin, manifold, tank valve, belt, regulator, on your real camera light arm:
[video=youtube;NS8Iis0I7Rg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NS8Iis0I7Rg[/video]

Great video. Has anyone used the less powerful Quick Clip that now ships with the new Headstrap from GoPro?

After about a year of pretty rough use, the monopod that was originally recommended by this post broke. I'm now using this version, POV Pole 36" GoPro-Edition, and can say that I like it much better so far. It is very compact when not extended. Also, you can easily switch from POV to pointing forward without adjusting anything on the monopod itself.

So does a gopole reach require fiddling when rotating the gopro 180°?

Anyone figured a lighting attachment for a stick mount?
P

Sent from MiPad

I don't have one------but do know 3 were lost while diving off the Fling(2 days of diving 100+ miles off the Texas coast) weekend before last.......Don't know how they had them but saw a lot of 'sticks' being used.......??Possibly newbie divers that never should have been down with them??????????...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom