Best Thing you have seen!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Greetings Kelly and great question with some really awesome posts. For me it was easy as it was just a few weeks ago I watched my 12 year old daughter complete her JOW. It was magic to watch her underwater because it looked like she was at home. So peaceful it was really moving for me. I am not sure if anyone will understand unless you have been there. We even went for a pleasure dive after her last check out dive.
It was if she had been diving all along. Proud father yes, but more than that I could tell she now understands my love for diving. By far the greatest, but there are many many more good experiences to many to list! Enjoy diving all and share it with your loved ones it is unbelievable to watch them fall in love with it as well.
CamG Keep diving....keep training....keep learning!

I so get that! My son just completed his JOW and when we were doing our first pool dive, while he was waiting for mom to do her exercises, he would lay on the bottom of the pool on his side with his head resting on a hand like he was watching TV. This is dive 1 of his life and he looked like he'd been doing it forever. Really amazing and honestly comes close to bringing a tear to the eye. Something most people would not understand I'm sure. Kids are amazing!

The most amazing thing I saw?

These Two Ladies!!!

Like a lot of women they were graceful, gorgeous, mystic and a little intimidating :p

Attachments

• smile.jpg
    smile.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 48
  • white.jpg
    white.jpg
    14.7 KB · Views: 49
Yeah!
One of the only sharks that filter feed!
Which is awesome!
I love sharks =] Great passion for them :):)

Keep them coming!!!!

xxx

They are fish. But still awesome!

Also a Shark!

Sharks are fish...! They are Chondrichthyes!

And it's called a shark because of its cartilaginous skeleton.

And they are in the family of fish!

=]

Well I always enjoy eagle rays, turtles, juvenile trunkfish and sea lions. I'm not sure it's the best thing I saw but one time off Anacapa in the Northern Channel Islands (CA, USA) a Cormorant came swimming by us around 40 FSW. It's pretty funny to be underwater and all of sudden see a bird swimming past you.

Very hard to just choose one, but for me, it would have to be swimming into a cloud of hundreds of hammerheads at Darwin on Nov. 12...above me, below me, in front of me, behind me and beside me. For others, they were just what you passed through to get to the whale shark. For me, being completely surrounded by hammerheads was the dream come true....Mr. Big seemed so very secondary.

I am much like dhuskins in that its more ''moments'' that actual things I see. Mine was at my local dive hole, swimming along, and bacame incircled by hundreds of interested Trout. As I looked up to the surface, all these shafts of light beamed down through the column of fish, and it was something out of a dream. Magical.

The best thing to date I have seen has to be my first dive was with hundreds of Sealions during mating season and one actually bit the top of my hood and pulled it because i was paying attention to my instructor instead. It was truly amazing of a dive as my first dive ever. We went there again after i got my cirtification, and the same thing happened with the Sea Lions. The dive spot is Arch, off the Ana Capa islands. I took the boat Specture, which normally takes you to the Ana Capa islands.

Maybe some people can show some pictures of one of their good dives :)?

Your wish is my command.

Having a large Great White attack the cage you're in is pretty special...

03CapeTown03912.jpg

But playing chicken with a Humpback Whale and getting hit by its tail is my all time best...

02SardineRun03825.jpg

Runners up would include:-

Big mofo Whalesharks

066.jpg

Schooling Hammerheads

093.jpg

And diving with your 8-year old daughter because she wanted a diving course for her birthday and nothing else...

Seren.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom