Question best way add girth to goodman handle

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dann-Oh

Contributor
Divemaster
Reaction score
I have a Light Monkey 5-12 light which has a hard goodman handle. When I adjust the goodman handle to its smallest setting the light still wobbles around a lot in my hand. The handle is a too thin for me to comfortably hold it steady.

so how do you guys and gals add girth to your goodman handles?

I padded the top bar of mine for using without gloves. Cut up a thin neoprene beer coozy and added SS snaps from the fabric store so it's removable for when I do wear gloves. Haven't gotten it wet yet, so we'll see how well it actually works. Maybe that would help?
PXL_20230702_220340764.jpg

I have a Light Monkey 5-12 light which has a hard goodman handle. When I adjust the goodman handle to its smallest setting the light still wobbles around a lot in my hand. The handle is a too thin for me to comfortably hold it steady.

so how do you guys and gals add girth to your goodman handles?
Haven’t tested durability, but bike handlebar wrap or tennis grip tape could work.

Wrap the part you hold with paracord. Multiple layers, if necessary.

I received a new light on Friday. I also wanted to make the handle a little fatter and more comfy before diving it on Saturday.

View attachment 804146

Tarted up just a bit. It is definitely more comfy to hold onto (compared to another light I have that just has a hard handle).

View attachment 804148

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom