Best way? tool?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've found that if it's a little tight above water, it'll be just right in the water. Don't cut too much!

Thanks all. I like the stretch-over-a-tank-and-cut-with-a-razor idea. I'll practice on the next ring because I'm almost sure I need to cut off two rings for a fit.
That works, but be sure to tape the seal down since it will "jump" and move when you cut it under tension. A big bottle or can works well.

Put the suit on. Get a razor knife ... no, not really.

I use a piece of 6" diameter PVC pipe and I trim very carefully with a razor knife (with a new blade). One ring at a time! Wait an hour or so and try the seal on again. Do not cut, try, cut, try, etc. Inevitably that results in at least one cut too many.

Maybe I should stretch it over a bottle and let it sit for a while then try it on and decide how much to cut after that. What do you think?

Most definitely!!!! Stretch for while and then try diving with it before trimming.

Also, the scissors route works best if one person holds the seal taut (sp?) while the other cuts.

Good luck!
Paula

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom