BEWARE HOUSTON AIRPORT IAH

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dave Dillehay

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
I returned from Cozumel yesterday to find the International arrivals section to rival any third world country. Immigration and Customs were no problem but the only exit was the worst cluster mess I have ever seen any where (with lots of trips worldwide). Construction going on for some time with likely an idiot in charge. Customer pick up was nearly impossible and traffic was backed up for hours to even get into the airport. This is no joke…if you are from the HOUSTON AREA, try Hobby airport.

And no I did not die, just got out of the dive business.

Dave Dillehay

Good to hear from you again. That sounds like something the CLT airport would do! NOT a good welcome for sure!

I returned from Cozumel yesterday to find the International arrivals section to rival any third world country. Immigration and Customs were no problem but the only exit was the worst cluster mess I have ever seen any where (with lots of trips worldwide). Construction going on for some time with likely an idiot in charge. Customer pick up was nearly impossible and traffic was backed up for hours to even get into the airport. This is no joke…if you are from the HOUSTON AREA, try Hobby airport.

And no I did not die, just got out of the dive business.

Dave Dillehay
Remodeling an airport without shutting it down is a bit like changing a tire without stopping the car.

Getting anything done at an airport is a slow bureaucratic process. Simple projects stretch forever.......

Remodeling an airport without shutting it down is a bit like changing a tire without stopping the car.

Problem is they decided to remodel every part at the same time. It's like changing all four tires at once without stopping the car. The issue is the roads around the terminals and the departure/arrivals. Last time it took our uber driver 45 minutes to cover the last half-mile to pick us up. I'm not exactly sure what the problem was they are trying to address or how it's going to be better when they are done.

Problem is they decided to remodel every part at the same time. It's like changing all four tires at once without stopping the car. The issue is the roads around the terminals and the departure/arrivals. Last time it took our uber driver 45 minutes to cover the last half-mile to pick us up. I'm not exactly sure what the problem was they are trying to address or how it's going to be better when they are done.
I'd say fly into Austin and drive home, but ABIA is its own flavor of nightmare these days.

You are better off taking train to. Terminal c or b for shuttle for your car. Terminal e is a cluster .$&&. Been that way for months

I flew in from Dubai last week. Had to take a cab to the Rental Car Center, I $hit you not. Absolute cluster*&^%.

Won't be flying into/out of IAH for a while now.

That biga$$ airport has no TSA PRE or CLEAR after rechecking bags after arriving on an international flight in Terminal E. The security line that follows is a complete nightmare. Someone had the dumb idea of placing your bag on a circular conveyor belt which slows things down dramatically.

Here’s the trick if you need to take a domestic flight.

After you exit the customs area, you will have to recheck your baggage. Once they are rechecked, do a u- turn and head back to customs. Exit the area like a local. Take the escalator down one level and walk through the tunnel to terminal D. Take the escalator up one level and you’re at the checkpoint to terminal D. They have CLEAR and TSA PRE there. If you go down one more level, you’ll see the signs to the Disney train to A/B/C.

Can save 30-40 mins depending on the backup at security at Term E.

Back
Top Bottom