BHB collection/protection discussion

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There is a County ordinance prohibiting the collection of of tropicals. It was sponsored by Karen Marcus (God bless her. She took point in saving the North County beaches for the public over 20 years ago. Although there was no law against developers putting up more condos). The problem it seems is that that the water is State (and maybe Corps?). Although the County regulates docks and such over State and Corps waters elsewhere.

Dan:

I'm thinking, if nothing else the community approach Commissioner Marcus once more as we did when she sponsored the present ordinance; make it illegal to possess a tropical upland in the park. At least it would discourage the trash who can't afford boats. (Scott..you are correct; most of the ones I've seen have mullets.)

To be perfectly frank, I thought that is how the ordinance was written. Maybe I'll dig it up. I chatted with Dave earlier this week, but did not have the Epiphany until I got home.

If you insist on taking it that way I wont waste my time trying to change the way you feel about it.

But lets get one thing clear it wasnt directed at you alone its directed at everyone ive seen harping and stomping about collecting fish from BHB. Again being that i wrote it and I am the authority on my opinion its definatly not accusatory.

Also it was directed at many different bits of information that have been handed out to include or not to include who can do night dives in that is optional. With the current info though it clearly would not apply.

Ill state this again much clearer. It appears that some regulars that dive the BHB have handed out bad info on what the regulation regarding BHB and the park on pourpus.:D ( just cant let that one die) If you guys as a group really meant to or not IDK but thats what it looks like. Like I said its hard to earn respect back when it appears there was a deception or an effort to hide the truth. For many people that have mixed feeling about this it dose not help your case.

By spelling, content, and tone, I would not be surprised to find out that you are Dumpster diver's child; probably in elementary or middle school.
If so, we'll be nice to you, because we try to be nice to the children of other divers....If not, the school angle would still be attractive, to deal with mistakes that an educated adult would not make repeatedly....such as your continual use of "pourpus" instead of purpose, or IDK ( which I assume to be a texting shorthand for people that are too lazy to write).

The scary part is the way your spelling is better than your grasp of the issues taking place at the BHB. Hopefully you will sit down with someone who could help you with all of this :)

There is a County ordinance prohibiting the collection of of tropicals. It was sponsored by Karen Marcus (God bless her. She took point in saving the North County beaches for the public over 20 years ago. Although there was no law against developers putting up more condos). The problem it seems is that that the water is State (and maybe Corps?). Although the County regulates docks and such over State and Corps waters elsewhere.

Dan:

I'm thinking, if nothing else the community approach Commissioner Marcus once more as we did when she sponsored the present ordinance; make it illegal to possess a tropical upland in the park. At least it would discourage the trash who can't afford boats. (Scott..you are correct; most of the ones I've seen have mullets.)

To be perfectly frank, I thought that is how the ordinance was written. Maybe I'll dig it up. I chatted with Dave earlier this week, but did not have the Epiphany until I got home.

Tim,
I'd be willing to try that route....another we might try is sponsoring an "all you can catch" fishing or netting contest for "mullet". Cash prizes for mullet of all sizes and shapes :D I'll chip in $50 toward the prizes right now :D

LOL your preatty funny guess you cant see the forest for the trees. I don't see any reason you should be nice to me im not dumpsters son so feel free to be as mean spirited as you want. IDk is resonable short hand used all the time you should probably get with the times your falling behind.

LOL your pretty funny. Guess you can't see the forest for the trees. I don't see any reason you should be nice to me. I'm not dumpster's son so feel free to be as mean spirited as you want. IDk is reasonable short hand used all the time. You should probably get with the times. You're falling behind.

Fixed it for you. :D

Last edited:
LOL your preatty funny guess you cant see the forest for the trees. I don't see any reason you should be nice to me im not dumpsters son so feel free to be as mean spirited as you want. IDk is resonable short hand used all the time you should probably get with the times your falling behind.

OK, Maybe you are a "sock puppet" DD created.....I'd hope so for your sake...

If you read back what you just posted, it should look very different than 99% of the other posts by divers on this site...it's not that any of us try to have "perfect" spelling or "perfect" sentence structure....I mean, we are just chatting with friends...but what you are putting out is defective...as in dropped out of middle school, or just have not gotten that far yet .... Yikes !!!

Even a 7th grader could recognize the difference... So, what's the deal?

This thread is embarassing to even read!!! all this bickering over a mudhole under the bridge. Iv'e dove BHB plenty of times, and sure it has a wide diversity of life there, but no more than what is on the reef! Who cares if someone wants to collect a few trops for their tank, I agree I don't think commercial collectors should be able to collect there, frankly i don't think there should even be commercial collectors. the fish population is never just going to magically dissapear as long as there fish on the reef there will be fish at BHB. When the fish spawn there eggs float and high tides bring them to the bridge were they settle on the bottom and start their lives. Don't we have bigger problems to worry about like lionfish/spearfishing I mean how many slot sized grouper/snapper do you see on a dive one or two and how many angels, butterflies,jawfish, ect..., but you guys are so selfish and are going to worry about one little spot that people have been collecting at probably before most of you were diving there.

Another puppet? :wink: The bridge discussions have been going on for some time with only 1, (maybe 2) divers with dissenting opinions. All of a sudden we get 2 new members in one day joining in. DD; are they your free diving buddies who swim at Lake Lytle? Do you all work for SFWMD? IJS. :D

123 your spelling and grammar are as bad as the other puppet. One and the same perhaps?:eyebrow:

First off no i am not one of DD"s puppets and also I dont care about my spelling/grammar I'm a kid, and i just think its funny how all of you freak out over some little trops WHO CARES!!! people are always going to collect there even if there is laws against it.

Nice try. Your previous posts tell otherwise...

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/5739181-post1.html

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom