BHB collection/protection discussion

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I hate to kick up dust but why is force E so special that only they can do night dives. Other than perhaps the fact that the park is closed after dusk and they have a boat or access to the water way from a point other than the county park. I cant see any circumstances that they would have special privlage of use it. If they are being extended special privlage by parks and rec thats extremly disturbing as I am sure there making finacial profit from those dives.

This seems like another piece of misinformation.

I hope you guys see that it seems like your handing out bad info on pourpus :rofl3:

TRUTH is very important knowing truth and fact is what all sound decisions are made on and any form of difusion, confusion, or disinformation. Will always have negative results for the parties propagating it. It is hard to get back trust.

Force E is merely facilitating the process of obtaining a permit. There is nothing stopping another organization. Go for it!

I hate to kick up dust but why is force E so special that only they can do night dives. Other than perhaps the fact that the park is closed after dusk and they have a boat or access to the water way from a point other than the county park. I cant see any circumstances that they would have special privlage of use it. If they are being extended special privlage by parks and rec thats extremly disturbing as I am sure there making finacial profit from those dives.

I hope you guys see that it seems like your handing out bad info on pourpus :rofl3:

TRUTH is very important knowing truth and fact is what all sound decisions are made on and any form of difusion, confusion, or disinformation. Will always have negative results for the parties propagating it. It is hard to get back trust.

Someone else should chime in here, but the deal is, "shops LIKE Force E".....Force E has been willing to use it's insurance and corporate identity so that the park will allow us to night dive....if you owned a retail business with similar insurances to what Force E has, I WOULD IMAGINE you could pull as many night time permits as you wanted....Whether it is the cost of doing this, or the time with the paperwork or whatver, pretty much only Force E steps up on a regular basis to get the permits that allow night dives. It is the PARK that prevents individuals from night diving without a permit---and that does not issue permits to every diver that wants to night dive.

You should be thankful to Force E, not annoyed with them.

Any shop or group that has insurance can get the permit to sponsor a dive there not just force-e. They are 1 of the few shops that spends their money to get the permit and insurance.

Now I'm a public nose picker too?
DD,
I think you should take that attached thumbnail of the nose picker, and use that for your avatar.....It would be a much more effective representation of how you like to act in this community.
It would also add to your points for humour..you used to do better, this could help :)

You take a shortcut instead of searching out information. Someone gives you a short answer and you insult them as if they must have given you misinformation... Sheesh, that's a good way to never receive help again :shakehead:

The permit costs dive organizations $0.00 to pull if they are registered with the correct insurance. Shops "like" ForceE offer free night dives to anyone who wants to sign up. Because everyone is diving under the shop's liability insurance, most shops want a DM from their shop onsite with the divers. Often the shops continue with a free cookout after the dives...

But, perhaps I am just giving misinformation on purpose :shakehead:

Wow take it easy. I was simply stating that it seemed to be incomplete or false information that only force E sponsored dives can go out at night from the park and as a matter of fact it is False That "Only Force E can do night dives".

I will admit partial blame for not reading what was said in entirity I read fish eyes comment as "Only foce E" not "Only force E and other dive shops". Even that isnt 100% accurate only someone with a county issued permit can conduct night dives. I did not know how it worked but Now I know how it works thanks for telling me its a insurance thing for the park/county. Its very nice of Force E to conduct these dives and pull the permit.

Secondly the whole misinformation thing is merley a coment from the outside of how it looks to others take it as constructive not accusational.

It has been stated several times in the Exploits of BHB thread that collecting in the park is illegal. Come to find out its not set in stone like that. Since I assume your all for making it enforceably illegal you should think of how you come across publicly. You will find that the unwavering approval of your opinion that you have on Scuba board is not going to be present In Real Life.

Do you want to be viewed as tree huggin eco nuts that are willing to tell half truths to support your ideals or a group of citizens that concerned with the highest and best use of a natural resource?? I stand behind my statement cause thats all it was a statement from my view point and I do hope you know that it seems like you have given out bad info on pourpus. :D

Cool tek IDK what you mean by shortcut I never responded to any one till now my last post was my first in this thread.

Wow take it easy. I was simply stating that it seemed to be incomplete or false information that only force E sponsored dives can go out at night from the park and as a matter of fact it is False That "Only Force E can do night dives".

I will admit partial blame for not reading what was said in entirity I read fish eyes comment as "Only foce E" not "Only force E and other dive shops". Even that isnt 100% accurate only someone with a county issued permit can conduct night dives. I did not know how it worked but Now I know how it works thanks for telling me its a insurance thing for the park/county. Its very nice of Force E to conduct these dives and pull the permit.

Secondly the whole misinformation thing is merley a coment from the outside of how it looks to others take it as constructive not accusational.

It has been stated several times in the Exploits of BHB thread that collecting in the park is illegal. Come to find out its not set in stone like that. Since I assume your all for making it enforceably illegal you should think of how you come across publicly. You will find that the unwavering approval of your opinion that you have on Scuba board is not going to be present In Real Life.

Do you want to be viewed as tree huggin eco nuts that are willing to tell half truths to support your ideals or a group of citizens that concerned with the highest and best use of a natural resource?? I stand behind my statement cause thats all it was a statement from my view point and I do hope you know that it seems like you have given out bad info on pourpus. :D

Cool tek IDK what you mean by shortcut I never responded to any one till now my last post was my first in this thread.
You seem to write with much authority concerning things you know nothing about... namely; me, how "I" come across to the public... There was little in the way of "constructive" to your post. Your post IS accusatory whether you attempt to back away from it now, or not. The post that Fisheye responded to was a shortcut post and received a shortcut answer.

... If you want to see what my views are, you certainly won't find them on this thread... I believe I have 3 posts in this useless mess (this being #3)

If you insist on taking it that way I wont waste my time trying to change the way you feel about it.

But lets get one thing clear it wasnt directed at you alone its directed at everyone ive seen harping and stomping about collecting fish from BHB. Again being that i wrote it and I am the authority on my opinion its definatly not accusatory.

Also it was directed at many different bits of information that have been handed out to include or not to include who can do night dives in that is optional. With the current info though it clearly would not apply.

Ill state this again much clearer. It appears that some regulars that dive the BHB have handed out bad info on what the regulation regarding BHB and the park on pourpus.:D ( just cant let that one die) If you guys as a group really meant to or not IDK but thats what it looks like. Like I said its hard to earn respect back when it appears there was a deception or an effort to hide the truth. For many people that have mixed feeling about this it dose not help your case.

Last edited:
If you insist on taking it that way I wont waste my time trying to change the way you feel about it.

But lets get one thing clear it wasnt directed at you alone its directed at everyone ive seen harping and stomping about collecting fish from BHB. Again being that i wrote it and I am the athority on my opinion its definatly not accusatory.

Also it was directed at many diffrent bits of information that have been handed out to include or not to include who can do night dives in that is optional. With the current info though it clearly would not apply.

Ill state this again much clearer. It apears that some regulars that dive the BHB have handed out bad info on what the regulation regarding BHB and the park on pourpus.:D ( just cant let that one die) If you guys as a group really ment to or not IDK but thats what it looks like. Like I said its hard to earn respect back when it appears there was a deception or an effort to hide the truth. For many people that have mixed feeling about this it dose not help your case.

Last edited:
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom