BHB collection/protection discussion

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

A valid question for you DD, would be: "Do you want to become a pariah? Is your pursuit of personal pleasures worth branding yourself to the vast majority of divers in this way? Do you really have that much disregard for the majority of divers at the BHB? "

It's not about me, it is about what is legal. Is pariah a nasty word like dick, nazi, pedophile? :rofl3::rofl3:

I bet if a bunch of people didn't want you (and a bunch of others) riding down A1A on your bikes on the weekend, you wouldn't care if it was unpopular with the majority of the motorists using that public facility, I bet you would organize a big protest ride with guys in tight lycra just to make a point about exercising your rights... wouldn't you?

It's not about me, it is about what is legal. Is pariah a nasty word like dick, nazi, pedophile? :rofl3::rofl3:

I bet if a bunch of people didn't want you (and a bunch of others) riding down A1A on your bikes on the weekend, you wouldn't care if it was unpopular with the majority of the motorists using that public facility, I bet you would organize a big protest ride with guys in tight lycra just to make a point about exercising your rights... wouldn't you?
A few of us on bikes will not destroy the road....a few collectors "could" destroy what the majority of divers want to see.....you are really grasping for straws here....why not just answer the question....

Also, just because something is LEGAL does not mean it is something that should be done.

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/5841884-post41.html

Didn't they already do that and it hasn't worked. :idk::idk:
  • You know already, that the VAST MAJORITY of divers believe there should be NO COLLECTING at the BHB.
  • You know already that the County of Palm Beach, believes it is criminal to collect fish at the BHB....and while they do not know how to enforce this belief, you do know that it is a large, local governing body, and one that would care more about the local area ( BHB) than would be possible for the state.
  • You know that your collection REMOVES/STEALS/TAKES AWAY the very attractions that a majority of divers visit the park for--that your activity is inherently destructive to the marine population dynamics of the BHB, while the activity of just swimming throught it or photographig in the BHB area is not destructive to the population dynamics of the marine life...in other words, you know what you wish do do is antagonistic, destructive, and selfish.
The word LEGAL appears to mean alot to you, on the surface, but I suspect it is just your excuse at the moment. It is hard to understand how an intelligent person living in a community, can not see that behavior they could engage in which is seen as absolutely wrong and destructive by everyone else in the community, SHOULD NOT be engaged in...and should be considered as wrong.

1. Would you need a statute enacted by the state, to refrain from pedophilia? I dont think so.
  2. Would you need a statute enacted by the state, to refrain from breaking into the homes of others, and taking their food and valuables? I dont think so.
Do you need a law to decide to refrain from picking your nose at a fine restaurant in full view of all the other persons eating there?

Most of us are completely aware of what is considered wrong by the community that we live in. The real problem here is, you know what you are doing is considered wrong by the community you live in, but don't care. You insist on committing acts which will hurt all others in the community, until such time as the State would step in and create a LAW to prevent such behavior ( even though it is pathetic to require a law for such an obviously wrong activity.

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/5841884-post41.html

Didn't they already do that and it hasn't worked. :idk::idk:

Apparently, you wish to be a part of the Scubaboard community based upon your participation, which for the most part is very worthwhile and informative.

Why you wish to torment the BHB regulars is beyond me other than having a rebel streak within you. I would suggest joining Dan and the others for a group dive and witness firsthand their love of the site. It's never too late to plot a different course. Just my 2psi worth.

Now I'm a public nose picker too?

Attachments

• nose-picker.jpg
    nose-picker.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 70
Now I'm a public nose picker too?
I never said you weren't multi-talented :)

If only the multiple talents could be harnessed for the greater good....you might even get your own comic book franchise..." The Adventures of Dumpster Diver"...:D

Night dives (any time after sunset when the park closes) are only allowed when a dive shop such as ForceE sponsors it. They usually only do that on the weekends.

I hate to kick up dust but why is force E so special that only they can do night dives. Other than perhaps the fact that the park is closed after dusk and they have a boat or access to the water way from a point other than the county park. I cant see any circumstances that they would have special privlage of use it. If they are being extended special privlage by parks and rec thats extremly disturbing as I am sure there making finacial profit from those dives.

This seems like another piece of misinformation.

I hope you guys see that it seems like your handing out bad info on pourpus :rofl3:

TRUTH is very important knowing truth and fact is what all sound decisions are made on and any form of difusion, confusion, or disinformation. Will always have negative results for the parties propagating it. It is hard to get back trust.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom