BHB collection/protection discussion

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sounds like this can be settled easily settled with a test case. Dive there all day watching for someone collecting fish and exit call the FWC or Ranger. Watch them for their exit and point them out to The Man. Have them write them for the oridnance and see what the judge thinks. Simple. Keep in mind they would have to exit with the collected fish for the Officer to confirm what as going on. Unless of course it was a Sworn LEO who saw the activity in which the "Fellow Officer Rule" aka transference of probable cause would be in effect.

This should be amusing...suddenly there will be 25 people at the park wearing trenchcoats and sunglasses, following dumpster diver into the water :D

This should be amusing...suddenly there will be 25 people at the park wearing trenchcoats and sunglasses, following dumpster diver into the water :D

With 50,000 OW students churning the bottom, they would never be able to track me anyway.

I really wish the FWC and the County would produce some official statements. I don't really buy DD's interpretation on these things.

I do know this though - if the BHB becomes known as a place where collecting is A-OK, it will kill the diving at the bridge. One asshat swimming around with tupperwear and stabbing flounders is bad enough, but if everyone like DD in the tri-county area starts showing up there, all of the special fish that make the BHB unique will soon be gone - along with all of the responsible diveres who are bringing revenue to the area.

I really wish the FWC and the County would produce some official statements. I don't really buy DD's interpretation on these things.

I do know this though - if the BHB becomes known as a place where collecting is A-OK, it will kill the diving at the bridge. One asshat swimming around with tupperwear and stabbing flounders is bad enough, but if everyone like DD in the tri-county area starts showing up there, all of the special fish that make the BHB unique will soon be gone - along with all of the responsible diveres who are bringing revenue to the area.

DD's interpretation???? That's crazy!

I provided WRITTEN documentation of the situation from the County Official in charge.

I provided WRITTEN documentation from FWC about the flounder taking.

These ARE official statements that I received in response to my written inquiries.

Although I am in the minority here, you may notice that EVERY person who has refuted anything of signifcance which I have said has NOT been able to provide anything more than their interptetation of conversations. They have produced nothing written that refutes what I have said. Certainly I have challenged them to do so.

I even followed up with a face to face conversation with the county official who was reported (by another on this threead) to have supported the idea of a valid ordinance. He personally told me that the ordinance is essentially invalid.

Instead of providing anything of substance, people have called me names (asshat, nazi, pedophile, total dick come to mind immediately). Even the usually "tight" moderation of appropriate language seems to have been relaxed for this thread...I'm not calling anyone names yet :shakehead::shakehead::shakehead:

Without digging through the whole thread and drudging up other complaints/problems how many of you fine locals do mid-week night dives at BHB? I've got an upcoming trip that puts me in Davie during the day time but I'd like to do some local diving and the pics and stories I've heard of this place make it seem like an ideal "after work" dive site.

Anyone willing to come do a mid-week night dive with a newb/tourist in mid June?

Without digging through the whole thread and drudging up other complaints/problems how many of you fine locals do mid-week night dives at BHB? I've got an upcoming trip that puts me in Davie during the day time but I'd like to do some local diving and the pics and stories I've heard of this place make it seem like an ideal "after work" dive site.

Anyone willing to come do a mid-week night dive with a newb/tourist in mid June?

Night dives (any time after sunset when the park closes) are only allowed when a dive shop such as ForceE sponsors it. They usually only do that on the weekends.

Has there never been a summons issued there, or an arrest made? The court's decision would demonstrate rather decisively the validity of the ordinance.

And if there has never been an arrest made or summons issued I would submit that collecting is either not a problem there or obviously not important enough to the county to enforce.

DD's interpretation???? That's crazy!

I provided WRITTEN documentation of the situation from the County Official in charge.

I provided WRITTEN documentation from FWC about the flounder taking.

These ARE official statements that I received in response to my written inquiries.

Although I am in the minority here, you may notice that EVERY person who has refuted anything of signifcance which I have said has NOT been able to provide anything more than their interptetation of conversations. They have produced nothing written that refutes what I have said. Certainly I have challenged them to do so.

I even followed up with a face to face conversation with the county official who was reported (by another on this threead) to have supported the idea of a valid ordinance. He personally told me that the ordinance is essentially invalid.

Instead of providing anything of substance, people have called me names (asshat, nazi, pedophile, total dick come to mind immediately). Even the usually "tight" moderation of appropriate language seems to have been relaxed for this thread...I'm not calling anyone names yet :shakehead::shakehead::shakehead:
A valid question for you DD, would be: "Do you want to become a pariah? Is your pursuit of personal pleasures worth branding yourself to the vast majority of divers in this way? Do you really have that much disregard for the majority of divers at the BHB? "

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom