Bicycle Rentals on Coz

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rje634

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I just received an e-mail back from Isla Bicylceta that they won't reopen till next year.
I was wondering if anyone know where to rent good quality bikes on Coz?

Thanks for the try but these websites are referencing Isla Bicycleta which is the one I was in contact with and they're not going to be open till next year.

rje634:
Thanks for the try but these websites are referencing Isla Bicycleta which is the one I was in contact with and they're not going to be open till next year.

Just a thought - was it before the end of the year when they told you that? If so, it is next year now!

Bicycles in Cozumel? Not a good idea. Second only to scooters, bikes in Cozumel are dangerous to your health. The taxi drivers seem to delight in playing chicken, coming as close as they can when passing. The road surfaces are uneven and full of potholes. Rent a car!

To put this into perspecitve, I ride a road bike 7-10,000 miles a year in Los Angeles and wouldn't dream of doing it in Mexico!

rje634:

Oh, jeez. I'm sorry. My blonde hair has been getting me in all kinds of trouble this week!:bonk:

ggunn:
Just a thought - was it before the end of the year when they told you that? If so, it is next year now!
I wish, I got the e-mail a couple of days ago. I don't think they'll be ready by the time we get there (Feb. 10th)...

squarepants:
Oh, jeez. I'm sorry. My blonde hair has been getting me in all kinds of trouble this week!:bonk:
Forget about it, I appreciate the effort :wink:

I totally know your dilemma. I used to rent from Isla bicycletta all the time. Believe me, there's nothing even close...but I found a barely passable mountain bike at the rental place in that little strip mall attached to Chedraui. I'm really glad to hear they're coming back. I usually get a bike for the whole week; it pays for itself in cab fare and I get some good exercise while I'm there.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom