Big Hello from Surface Marker

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Udo Hartig

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

My name is Udo Hartig and I am from Surface Marker Manufacturing. We are the manufacturer of Surface Marker WDS. I look forward to participating in ScubaBoard, as an Instructor with close to 20 years diving experience, I hope I can be of some assistance to the many Q&A’s in the forums.

You can visit us in ScubaBoard forum- http://www.scubaboard.com/forumdisplay.php?f=542

Welcome to :sblogo:
:wave-smil :wave-smil
:chicken:

Welcome to the Scubaboard!

Interesting SMB. When it's inflated, how much is underwater? The total length is 57" and I am interested to know how much is visible above the surface. Does it have an OPV?

And welcome!

NJMike:
Interesting SMB. When it's inflated, how much is underwater? The total length is 57" and I am interested to know how much is visible above the surface. Does it have an OPV?

And welcome!

When inflated from 5m/15ft about 0.65m/ 26'' is visible (with a normal inflation that will not start to drag you upwards). In order to get this visible height and the SMB upright some tension must be kept on the lanyard during acsent. The bottom of the SMB is completely open ended and thus does not require a OPV- making it compact enough to be carried on every dive and inflate and deflate in seconds.

Howdy from Texas and welcome to SB!

If you haven't yet, click Forums above and start going thru the list - looking for those of interest to you, especially your local dive club. Always good to try a Search before starting a new thread, tho :search: and be careful about posting Replies without reading the Stickies for each forum. Click the link in my Sig below to PM me if I can help you around here..

:cowboy: don

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom