Biggest Hassle Of Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sucker4scuba

Contributor
Reaction score
You know, there is always something in a specific sport that is just the pitts... like diving.... washing your gear afterwards... anymore that you can add to the list???

Back pain from being old and tanks are heavy...hurry up with those dang composite tanks !!!

I cant aggree more!!! There is nothing like diving for 45 minutes in extreme conditions and then you still have to carry your gear up a mountain from the exit point... aspecially for the unfit ones....like me....

Coping with malfunctioning gear. Although regulators seem to be pretty reliable, dry suits, lights, and cameras seem determined to admit water to parts of them where it is NOT supposed to go, as often and inconveniently as possible.

Admittedly, I'm bitter on the subject. The only reason my camera hasn't flooded is that I don't have one.

Total Time commitment vs Bottom Time. Kind of like leaving your house two hours before your 45 min flight. Although I don't have to wash the plane when I'm done flying, I do need to bring my tanks back for a fill.

Gearing up on a cramped, rocking boat deck with the sweet smell of exhaust fumes.

Although rebreahers are lighter - they are bloody expensive... I must say, I would rather carry the weight of the tank than to pay $6000 for a system...

And not trying to start anything....they SEEM percentage wise to user....to have a higher fatality rate.

I will duck now.

BigJetDriver:
Rebreathers are lighter, my friend! :D

Getting to and from some destinations, flying has become such a hassle since 9/11. They should arm the pilots and do away with the TSA!!!

Oh, BJD, is that jet in your avatar smoking or leaving a contrail?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom