Biggest Hassle Of Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What a funny thread...thanks for the laughs...
What do I hate about SCUBA...
...Boat noise from above..
...Whiners on SB..
...discourteous divers on dive boats..
...Unfriendly divers..
...the short time UW compared to planning, driving, gear setup..
But what is it that I like...
EVERYTHING....
Not having to Really wash the gear cuz it never drys out...
All the cool people you get to meet
All the funny critters you get to see
All the physiology and "rules" you have to abide by...
All the great places you can dive...
The dark, the quiet, the calm, the weightlessness...
I can go on and on, so I better shut up now..
Kirsten

:crying: the long drive to the dive site and then the worst as said before ,CLEANING ALL OF MY GEAR OOOH AND UNLOADING AND UNPACKING AFTER THE DIVE!!! but it is all worth it as i love to dive!!!!!!!!!!!! but the very worst thing about diving is when the trip is over and i have to go back to:dropmouth :sad: AAAAHHGG WORK!!!!!! yuck

Pondfrog:
My biggest hassles in diving... hmmm

1. Surface intervals (the long ones, between great dives)
2. Hurricanes
3. Sand in my wetsuit

Sand in your wetsuit.... how about in your booties... and usualy you dont feel it before going into the water... you usualy feel it with the first kick you give into a 30 minute dive...

Dont forget about the constant bloody leaking mask.... I think that one I hate the most...

Putting on and taking off my wetsuit in this freaking cold azz 60 degree weather. *** this is suppost to be a tropical island , bring back the heat.

Just about EVERYTHING involved in Scuba is a hassle.

Gear purchase and expense plus the decisions the must be made on what to get.
Packing Gear.
Traveling with Gear (major pain in the tail these days).
Gear maintenance from rinsing to trips to get it serviced.
Gear storage.
Air fills.
Hauling Tanks.
Booking trips.
Doffing and Donning the wetsuits, drysuits, Bcd's, Fins, Mask....

Let's face it. A better question is what is NOT a hassle about diving?

And of course the answer is clear as the vis in Coz... DIVING! In the end, at this time in my life, I can not think of more than a couple things I'd rather be doing than diving :D

1. Putting on the wetsuit.
2. Putting on a cold and wet wetsuit
3. Trying to get my suitcase full of gear under the weight limit for the stupid airlines

JMHO

RICHinNC:
And not trying to start anything....they SEEM percentage wise to user....to have a higher fatality rate.

I will duck now.

I'm not sure about the fatality rate, but I'm told more people are killed by divers wearing rebreathers than divers wearing open circuit systems.

As to the biggest hastle: Sneaking new gear into the house and making it look like I've had it for a long time.

Things I hate:
Seasickness....why do those boats have to rock so damn much?
Bad Weather
Strong Current
Hurricanes
Putting on a cold wetsuit (though this is better than a wet dry suit!)
Washing gear when its cold outside

Irene:
Things I hate:
Seasickness....why do those boats have to rock so damn much?
Bad Weather
Strong Current
Hurricanes
Putting on a cold wetsuit (though this is better than a wet dry suit!)
Washing gear when its cold outside

I have had the pleasure of having to dive buddy's who were horribly seasick in my lifetime. Being that this became a major problem of mine, I am a little familar with some of the cures.

The Relief Band looks like a watch and gives you a tiny little shock every few seconds. Seems wierd but in fact it works but you do have to put it on the minute you get back on the boat and if you are bobbing in the water for awhile...bad things can happen.

The best thing I have seen is the patch which my gf wears behind her ear when we go. She also gets terribly seasick on a boat. I don't remember what they are called but the doctor has to prescribe them to you which I think is stupid but I am not a doctor. I am sure someone on here knows or the doctor will if you ask. She says it works amazingly well.

Just to add one more that I forgot.......

Being on a boat where a "know it all" keeps critiqing you equipment against his own....And I dive with some of the best equipment you can get for Rec Diving. Legend LX, Knighthawk, AirZ nitrox.....while he is diving with a homemade back plate, scuba pro regs and a wireless Suunto computer that only worked on half the dives. (How amazingly Ironic)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom