Biggest Hassle Of Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sucker4scuba:
You know, there is always something in a specific sport that is just the pitts... like diving.... washing your gear afterwards... anymore that you can add to the list???

Yes, that I eventually become cold or run low on gas and have to surface.

Green_Manelishi:
Yes, that I eventually become cold or run low on gas and have to surface.

That almost sounds like the first divers that got bent and could not understand why... they just went up, had a bottle of alcohol and the pain went away... maybe alcohol will work for the cold as well...hehehe:D

My biggest "pains" or hassles relating to diving (in addition to the gear washing one)

=> Being asked questions by the boat crew after the second Monterey Boat dive. My lips are frozen, and it is hard to talk. I usually hang out at the surface, near the ladder for a brief bit of time to clear my sinuses before I climb back aboard. (I always check first to make sure I am not holding anyone up) The crew insists on asking questions while I am making nose rockets, and catching my breath. When I give garbled responses due to frozen lips and gagging on phlegm, they start to think something is wrong (no, no MOF) and they start asking more questions. All ends up okay, but they get a bit spun up for a minute or so.

=> Not being able to dive the last day at a tropical location because we fly the next day. I hate that!

=> Coming back on board after a dive and discovering other people's gear in my spot.

=> Certain types of whiners on ScubaBoard.

W

DWJ:
Total Time commitment vs Bottom Time. Kind of like leaving your house two hours before your 45 min flight. Although I don't have to wash the plane when I'm done flying, I do need to bring my tanks back for a fill.

YEAH!

Spending all the time prepping or cleaning, getting up at 4am, traveling, etc. just for an hour dive.

I want a dive Sherpa too... :D

THE COST!!

It took me a long time to find a job where I can afford a hobby and toys. I thought the $300 for OW, then another $1000 for gear was bad. But then theres so much more to buy:
Dive lights (now I find out about HID and other BETTER lights)
Tanks, and more tanks, then a few more tanks, then a couple ponies
then extra regulators sets for the ponies
now the BP/W !!! Why didnt they tell us about these in the OW class?!
and wet suits, it gets damn cold under a couple of lake thermalclines. Now I got to find a decent 7mm suit to stay comfy if I want to make any decent depth.

Sheesh! Thank goodness my wife is into scrapbooking. :10: She cant complain about the expense of MY gear when she has a couple thousand in scrapbooking supplies in our office. :D

fire_diver:
Sheesh! Thank goodness my wife is into scrapbooking. :10: She cant complain about the expense of MY gear when she has a couple thousand in scrapbooking supplies in our office. :D
***, thats a scooter, at least!!! you are talking about make albums with pictures right???

I like the fact when I gear up I have a pretty nice car on my back. dont ever get a RB if you think OC is expensive.

I too want gear handlers, oh wait that are dive masters

My biggest hassles in diving... hmmm

1. Surface intervals (the long ones, between great dives)
2. Hurricanes
3. Sand in my wetsuit

RICHinNC:
And not trying to start anything....they SEEM percentage wise to user....to have a higher fatality rate.

I will duck now.

cheap shot. Not true.

Back
Top Bottom