Biggest Hassle Of Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Going through withdraw during the winter!!!!!!!!:furious:

The fact that there are no pee valves in dry suits for women. I've been trying to design one in my head for a few months now, but I have yet to find a way to deal with the possiblility of it backing up into the suit. :( And I ALWAYS have to pee pretty bad at the end of a dive.

All the extra gear and weight that we need to dive in cold water. I am looking forward to diving in Thailand and PNG with a thin little suit, no gloves, and a lot less wieght. :)

Leaky dry suits on cold winter days.

Managing my fastest gear-up ever on a spur of the moment dive, then reaching down to pull up my dry suit, and popping the inflator hose through the neck seal. No dive that day. :(

But, I love it that so many divers are happy to discuss dive sites, viz, neato things to see. So many divers are also happy to discuss their gear with you, or even let you try it out, without even knowing who you are.

I love all the critters that I see, and the fact that you have no idea how interesting it is down there if you just sit on the shore and look out over the water.

I love it when I show up at a dive site, and there are new students waiting to get in the water for the first time, and they are so excited and nervous about it.

Just out of curiosity, how do you deal with this problem? Dare I say it, do women wear diapers when they wear a drysuit?

Penopolypants:
The fact that there are no pee valves in dry suits for women. I've been trying to design one in my head for a few months now, but I have yet to find a way to deal with the possiblility of it backing up into the suit. :( And I ALWAYS have to pee pretty bad at the end of a dive.

All the extra gear and weight that we need to dive in cold water. I am looking forward to diving in Thailand and PNG with a thin little suit, no gloves, and a lot less wieght. :)

Leaky dry suits on cold winter days.

Managing my fastest gear-up ever on a spur of the moment dive, then reaching down to pull up my dry suit, and popping the inflator hose through the neck seal. No dive that day. :(

But, I love it that so many divers are happy to discuss dive sites, viz, neato things to see. So many divers are also happy to discuss their gear with you, or even let you try it out, without even knowing who you are.

I love all the critters that I see, and the fact that you have no idea how interesting it is down there if you just sit on the shore and look out over the water.

I love it when I show up at a dive site, and there are new students waiting to get in the water for the first time, and they are so excited and nervous about it.

I put up with the occasional leaking drysuit, gear expenses, heavy tanks, poor dive conditions, getting home to look at the great shots I got of that rare critter only to see an out of focus blur and long cold deco dtops. The one hassle of diving I really hate is writing a dive report about all the fun I had, my buddies had and the wonderful things we saw, only to have someone reply that we were Doing It Wrong.

midwestdvr:
Just out of curiosity, how do you deal with this problem? Dare I say it, do women wear diapers when they wear a drysuit?

I suffer. Not in silence, either, but rather loudly. :D

I've never worn a diaper, but I did seriously consider it once after a particularly long surface swim. My buddy kept saying to me "y'know, you can wash the undergarment later." But I made it, just barely. :)

1. washing gear
2. sand in your gear
3. fixing crap that breaks. Especially when you have to fix it underwater (to date i've fixed 2 dump valves, a reg, a light, and a weight pocket)
4. withdrawls over the winter
5. stupid divers that run into you so hard you see stars, or show a complete ignorance of diving knowlege and basic logic skills

getting in and out of the suit and coming home from the beach. waiting for the next dive

Getting up at 6am and driving thru snow, carrying gear up and down a low-tide boat ramp, and spending upwards of $200 for 20 minutes of bottom time...

not that I'm doing (or about to) any of that right now :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom